This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is it fair that in some RPG's your basically running into a death trap?

#1Finally_Im_BackPosted 1/27/2013 12:20:03 PM
Your going through a dungeon breezing through, then bang you face a boss, ok no big deal. But a lot of the times, unless you somehow know before hand the type weakness of the boss, or know what sort of armor to use to minimize damage, you will pretty much stand no chance.
#2TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/27/2013 12:21:01 PM
........?
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#3toadiemanPosted 1/27/2013 12:22:49 PM
It's just you.
---
PSN: toadieman
#4cirkmetroidPosted 1/27/2013 12:23:59 PM
They are basically trying to say that some games "don't require any skill" because of their "bad game design" where everything is "trial and error".

I mean, "OMG how was I supposed to know the boss was only vulnerable to lightning, all my weapons are fire, I had no chance at all! Bad game design!"
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still really hoping there will be more Legacy of Kain games...somehow!
#5antoinejonesPosted 1/27/2013 12:25:49 PM
yeah its just you.. i figure that crap out during battle lol
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#6OtakuGameraPosted 1/27/2013 12:30:44 PM
yeah SMT games could do that to you
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#7Finally_Im_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:54:18 PM
Well yeah you figure it out during battle, but by that point, you would have died already.
#8Still__RippinPosted 1/27/2013 12:56:36 PM
Finally_Im_Back posted...
Well yeah you figure it out during battle, but by that point, you would have died already.

No. Only if you suck at games. Only time this has happened to me was in Demons Souls.
---
Lupe Fiasco is the best rapper alive.
Currently Playing~ XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Demons Souls, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Magic 2013, Skate 2, Ni No Kuni
#9Deimos259Posted 1/27/2013 1:13:11 PM
That is why you prepare yourself for anything. At the start of boss fights, I like to play defensively to see how much damage I can and what kind of weakness I need to cover up before going on the offensive. It's one of the things I love about RPGs. But cheap ones definitely do exist.
---
Posted using GameFlux. Get it for Free on Google Play. goo.gl/kh7B0
#10antoinejonesPosted 1/27/2013 1:24:56 PM
Finally_Im_Back posted...

its not DURING battle if i die lol.. I know how to prolong my life in RPG battle.. i may not be doing very much or any damage the enemy in that time but Im watching it, see what its doing and figure out a weakness I can exploit or how to beat it.. then when Ive come up with a strategy I start playing offense.. Ive had 3 housr boss battles before (and i dont mean from dying i mean the fight lasted THAT long) but I made it work lol

for example the last boss in arc the lad 2 took me 3 hours.. I noticed his attacks were ranged but he couldnt move.. however he was strong enough to kill my character with one hit.. so what i did was let my strongest character stay alive and the only character on my team that could ressurect dead members.. I kept her on the back corner of the area outside the bosses attack range.. then I had my strong character walk up (he had enough movement points to get next to the boss i one turn) hit him once, after that the boss would hit him once and kill him.. id then have my ressurecter ressurect him and repeat that process for 3 whole hours until the boss finally fell..

point is.. if you know h ow to play smart RPGs arent hard.
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.