This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so sick of the hard mode copout

#1SophisticationPosted 1/27/2013 2:29:12 PM
C'mon... easy or hardest of hard modes, the game doesn't magically get any longer. There isn't all this new content and levels that just pop up because you're on hard mode. Only thing that changes is the damage you take, deal and amount of deaths. I'm sick of hearing the hardmode copout excuse. It does not make the game longer, the destination is the exact same distance as it is in super easy mode -- it just slows your trip down. That's all there is to it.

Stop using it as a crutch to defend short game purchases.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#2MlREFOXPosted 1/27/2013 2:32:24 PM
So you've only been gaming for an few years, I take it?

And how sad of an individual are you that you can't post anything but negativity? Go away.
#3hockeybub89Posted 1/27/2013 2:35:50 PM
We need to go back to the old days where every game was 2-3 hours long once you mastered the difficulty.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#4RoldragePosted 1/27/2013 2:35:56 PM
Not all games simply bump up hp/damage values.
---
Life is overrated.
#5ozranPosted 1/27/2013 2:45:03 PM
There are some games where if you up the difficulty it adds more enemies, changes placement of enemies and items

I know some games where certain enemies will not even show up unless it is a higher difficulty
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#6FiendingHardPosted 1/27/2013 2:45:16 PM
I know in some games the enemy placement and game mechanics change on higher difficulties. In Bayonetta you can't initiate witch time against certain enemies on higher difficulties.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#7RoldragePosted 1/27/2013 2:51:21 PM
In Crysis you don't have a crosshair and the enemies speak Korean instead of English.
---
Life is overrated.
#8Stanger5150Posted 1/27/2013 3:02:30 PM
Higher difficulties used to unlock more levels. Double Dragon II and Golden Axe are excellent examples of this. I kind of like that.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#9riddlebox89Posted 1/27/2013 3:05:15 PM
Higher difficulties add challenge to games, which adds replay value.

Oh wait who am I kidding, look who created this topic, it's not worth responding to with anything serious.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10Dave4202Posted 1/27/2013 3:11:17 PM
Stop using the "length is the only thing that determines quality" copout.

Stop using it as a crutch to defend long game purchases.

Length doesn't make a game, game play does. If a game has great game play, it's 10x better on higher difficulties cause they push me to my limits to see what I got. No amount of length will ever be a substitute for that.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3