This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

#1Jx1010Posted 1/27/2013 3:09:28 PM
Games released in the last few years and seems to be used more and more... and its not used as a description but as insults instead.
I dont use foul language so its a turn off in games.

One game was Batman Arkham City, but whats funny is that the Dark Knight movies didnt...

Whats ur take on this?
Do u care, does it bother u or not?
#2Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/27/2013 3:11:23 PM
Too much of it is obnoxious.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#3Mr_Big_BossPosted 1/27/2013 3:11:37 PM
For some reason they think profanity is cool. I don't like it either, I don't want to play a game and have my son hear those words.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#4SixSixSevenEighPosted 1/27/2013 3:11:44 PM
"alot" isn't a word.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#5Vergil92Posted 1/27/2013 3:14:49 PM
As long as the cursing feels like it fits the the situation and isn't forced just for the sake of having someone swear, I couldn't care less.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#6crazyman32Posted 1/27/2013 3:17:15 PM
SixSixSevenEigh posted...
"alot" isn't a word.

Thanks for that valuable info.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#7ProsercunusPosted 1/27/2013 3:19:09 PM
Vergil92 posted...
As long as the cursing feels like it fits the the situation and isn't forced just for the sake of having someone swear, I couldn't care less.

This. If it serves the atmosphere and situation there is no problem.

They do put ratings on games for a reason. Games rated for Teens can still have vulgarity. If you don't want smaller children hearing those things you should only be playing E rated games around them.
---
i5 2500k | 8GB DDR3 | GTX 580
Steam - Prosercunus | Xbox LIVE - Prosercunus
#8crazyman32Posted 1/27/2013 3:20:14 PM
Vergil92 posted...

agreed.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#9Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 3:21:27 PM
Prosercunus posted...
They do put ratings on games for a reason. Games rated for Teens can still have vulgarity. If you don't want smaller children hearing those things you should only be playing E rated games around them.

Its not about the rating,
its about making it look ''cool'' as if profanity is stylish

and yet it doesnt fit the moment scene in the game...
#10ProsercunusPosted 1/27/2013 3:43:49 PM(edited)
Jx1010 posted...
Prosercunus posted...

Its not about the rating,
its about making it look ''cool'' as if profanity is stylish

and yet it doesnt fit the moment scene in the game...

Well it is sort of about the rating if you are speaking in terms of "protecting" virgin ears from such things. Also your main complaint since I assume you are an adult and can handle swearing even if you don't like it, seems more of complaint about poor writing than anything else.

Unless you actually twinge every time you hear a swear which I find rather odd if you are an adult but who I am too judge?
---
i5 2500k | 8GB DDR3 | GTX 580
Steam - Prosercunus | Xbox LIVE - Prosercunus