This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

#11MourningReignsPosted 1/27/2013 3:42:41 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
For some reason they think profanity is cool. I don't like it either, I don't want to play a game and have my son hear those words.

Probably should be playing games rated E around your kids then. It's not the developer's fault you can't read the content warnings on the back
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#12blackcry77Posted 1/27/2013 4:20:42 PM
I for one don't care about the cussing in a video game. That's just nitpicking too much.
---
I'm an otaku, gamer, and writer. Love these things and I don't care if you don't.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#13SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 4:27:43 PM
For some reason they think profanity is cool. I don't like it either, I don't want to play a game and have my son hear those words.

I'm almost certain your son hears worse in school.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#14CammyApplePosted 1/27/2013 4:29:20 PM
There is a lot of profanity in life. As long as games don't start using the word "like" four times in every sentence I think we're okay.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#15BeknessPosted 1/27/2013 4:32:11 PM
doesn't bother me at all
---
I remember the first time I ever drove a moon-crane. Damn near rolled it into the sea of tranquility.
#16MegaMettaurPosted 1/27/2013 4:34:29 PM
SixSixSevenEigh posted...
"alot" isn't a word.

And you're not contributing.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#17Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 4:36:52 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...

Exactly. It's frustrating that 90% of games I can't risk playing until my kids go to bed lest they wonder in at the wrong time.
#18king_maddenPosted 1/27/2013 4:38:09 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
SixSixSevenEigh posted...
"alot" isn't a word.

And you're not contributing.

umm you didnt exactly contribute either, so now what do you do?

on topic though, TC where does anyone or any dev say cussing was cool? they add it because its a part of life, a lot of people involved with killing cuss a lot maybe they dont care to censor themselves since they wiill be killing anyone. I just think its weird that people automatically jump to "they think its cool". who does?

I just find it odd that you can break bones, shoot people, cut people, blow things up, and kill hundreds, and thats fine. Yet when you cuss a lot doing it, then its just tasteless and a turn off.
#19theofficefan99Posted 1/27/2013 4:38:56 PM
Zero Dark Thirty had a lot of profanity and it didn't feel immature or obnoxious.

It just depends how you use them.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#20Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 4:40:43 PM
I had to laugh at one of the Call of Duty games (BlackOps 2 IIRC) because it had the option to disable the curse words but rather then record two tracks, one with swears and one without, they simply muted all the curse words. Not only is that incredibly lazy but in some cases certain cut scenes had so much bad language in them that when those words were muted there was barely any dialog left in the scene and the story became impossible to follow. LOL!