This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

#141roadtosalvationPosted 1/27/2013 10:44:50 PM
XxFF_faNxX posted...
I think if the profanity is directed at terrorists and people that hate the USA and Freedom, it is okay.

awww dude, I LOLed at that

nice
#142TKDBoy1889Posted 1/27/2013 10:48:07 PM
I don't mind swearing at all if it is fitting to the game or accents a theme. But a lot of games lately do seem to have profanity just just for the sake of profanity, which can get distracting and irritating.
#143FOGEDABOUDITPosted 1/27/2013 11:00:11 PM
What a fool you are, he who is offended by simple utterances.
---
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.
#144DarthVashtiPosted 1/27/2013 11:02:57 PM
Jx1010 posted...
Games released in the last few years and seems to be used more and more... and its not used as a description but as insults instead.
I dont use foul language so its a turn off in games.

One game was Batman Arkham City, but whats funny is that the Dark Knight movies didnt...

Whats ur take on this?
Do u care, does it bother u or not?

I don't give a s*** if a game has profanity in it or not. Not only that but I don't really care if little kids hear the profanity. It's not like profanity will turn them into criminals or something.
#145poolmav2007Posted 1/27/2013 11:17:14 PM
If there is a lot profanity; for example. every other word, then it makes me sick. I really don't care if it's the f-word or just using the same word over and over.

It makes me pokemonsick to pokemonhear the same pokemon word every pokemon second. I pokemon mean, what the pokemon were they pokemon thinking.

Get my point. It's the overuse of the word, not the word in of itself. I don't mind a few scenes this way, but when every scene is this way it's a big turn off even if it does fit the situation. It could sound just as good with a few less curse words.
---
---
Cheers! Arc the Lad 2 is still my No. 1.
#146SolKarellenPosted 1/27/2013 11:57:52 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Anarchy Reigns was not needed as it was used

Now how in the world is it expected in Splatterhouse but not needed in a semi-sequel to Madworld?

Let's be serious here:

The commentators in Madworld were bloody hysterical.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#147spectermaster14Posted 1/28/2013 12:12:40 AM
spectermaster14 posted...
Anarchy Reigns was not needed as it was used

Now how in the world is it expected in Splatterhouse but not needed in a semi-sequel to Madworld?

Let's be serious here:

The commentators in Madworld were bloody hysterical.

Absolute best part. And I liked the game already.
#148king_maddenPosted 1/28/2013 12:21:42 AM
Dr_Corndog posted...
A lot of people are confused over what the word "mature" means. The ability to control one's tongue is a sign of maturity, not a lack of control. And I'd personally rather not have to listen to it, anyway.

while being able to control your tongue is a sign of maturity, cursing at unimportant times isnt a sign immaturity as some here would lead you to believe.

I just find it odd that people here who dont like a lot of cursing feel that people who do just think its cool. has any developer or anyone seriously said we use a lot of curse words in our game because its cool?
#149funguy10Posted 1/28/2013 12:22:25 AM
yeah this bugs me too. its ok if done in moderation and is appropriate. however i find games like COD, GTA ,extra. to overuse these words to sell games.
#150king_maddenPosted 1/28/2013 12:38:50 AM
funguy10 posted...
yeah this bugs me too. its ok if done in moderation and is appropriate. however i find games like COD, GTA ,extra. to overuse these words to sell games.

COD uses profanity to sell games? dont people buy them for the multiplayer?