This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

#21crazyman32Posted 1/27/2013 4:41:21 PM
Bekness posted...
doesn't bother me at all

me either
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#22agrissaPosted 1/27/2013 4:42:16 PM
The devs are catering to 12-year-olds who think cussing is cool. And I thought the main demographic of gamers are 30+.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#23ExtremeLightPosted 1/27/2013 4:42:57 PM
Does it matter? Your teens will hear these cussing at school no matter what you do.

Also I think PSN goes a little too far in limiting cussing/profanity. Also does saying the s-word or the f-word really turn you off when I say "this f-ing beat is the chit!" happily?
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#24KaliestoPosted 1/27/2013 4:42:59 PM
What's the ratio TC?

How many mature/teen games you play daily?

Most teens game I've played had appropriate cursing during certain parts of the story.

Most mature games...well...you get the idea, only Mass Effect comes to mind being actually mature about it.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#25ExtremeLightPosted 1/27/2013 4:44:27 PM
agrissa posted...
The devs are catering to 12-year-olds who think cussing is cool. And I thought the main demographic of gamers are 30+.

No it's mainly high school students and college students.... basically anyone 14-30.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#26Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 4:46:02 PM
king_madden posted...
umm you didnt exactly contribute either, so now what do you do?

on topic though, TC where does anyone or any dev say cussing was cool? they add it because its a part of life, a lot of people involved with killing cuss a lot maybe they dont care to censor themselves since they wiill be killing anyone. I just think its weird that people automatically jump to "they think its cool". who does?

I just find it odd that you can break bones, shoot people, cut people, blow things up, and kill hundreds, and thats fine. Yet when you cuss a lot doing it, then its just tasteless and a turn off.

Games are not meant to simulate real life (something game developer remind us of repeatedly everytime something bad happens and all eyes turn to violent video games as the cause) so saying that games include cussing because that's how real people behave seems to be in direct contrast to the position put forth by the game developers.
#27ninja_poopPosted 1/27/2013 4:46:12 PM
crazyman32 posted...
Bekness posted...
doesn't bother me at all

me either

same
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado becomes the first state
#28Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 4:48:47 PM(edited)
Seems for some of you gamers, there is never such a thing as crossing the line in entertainment.

U say cussing, profanity, shooting, killing, violence, breaking bones, blood, sex, etc is all fine...
I shouldnt be surprised then to see in the near future sex with children, corpses, killing of parents, etc .. as ''fine'' because thats what life is like huh

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=11517
#29killakPosted 1/27/2013 4:47:07 PM
not swearing = mature

LoL
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#30Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 4:47:45 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Does it matter? Your teens will hear these cussing at school no matter what you do.

Also I think PSN goes a little too far in limiting cussing/profanity. Also does saying the s-word or the f-word really turn you off when I say "this f-ing beat is the chit!" happily?

I didn't realize ears didn't develop until children become teenagers.