This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

#51Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 4:39:09 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
They're video games, not documentaries. Real life has nothing to do with it.

They swear in PG-13 movies and even a lot of PG movies. Your comment was kind of dumb.

So now the comparison is real life = movies = video games? LOL! *facepalm*
#52kingofall214Posted 1/27/2013 4:48:35 PM
If I just got shot in the leg I would drop the F-bomb.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#53SieKensouPosted 1/27/2013 4:49:29 PM
there's never any need to swear.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#54SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 5:05:49 PM

What exactly was your point?
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#55Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 5:27:42 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...

That video games are not meant to be a representation of real life. So using real life as a defense for why there is swearing in video games doesn't hold water.
#56kingrat2314Posted 1/27/2013 5:31:03 PM
Adults have a tendency to say swear words. Not a lot, and not in front of children, but they do it. A game with a realistic amount of swearing is perfectly acceptable in my book. But when a game has swearing just for the sake of swearing, or they have a ton of it for no reason, that is a turn off. Bioshock, for instance, has swearing in it. But when a character swears, it feels like that's where a real person might use a swear word. It's not superfluous.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#57SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 5:40:36 PM(edited)
That video games are not meant to be a representation of real life. So using real life as a defense for why there is swearing in video games doesn't hold water.

Yet they use things in real life, regardless on whether or not it's a representation of it, same with movies. Your argument is completely silly. Why are there guns in games? Why are there humans in games? Why are there languages that we understand in games? Why are emotions people can relate to in games? Get the point?
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#58jon davisPosted 1/27/2013 5:39:45 PM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
TheAxeMurderer1 posted...
Maybe it's because people swear in real life. They're just words.

They're video games, not documentaries. Real life has nothing to do with it.

A lot of games try to be realistic, what do you expect soldiers under heavy fire to say?

"Fiddle de dee, they are shooting at us!"
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#59SanboxmagicianPosted 1/27/2013 5:41:13 PM
Topic = s%$@
#60kingrat2314Posted 1/27/2013 5:42:41 PM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

Your defense for why there shouldn't be swearing in video games doesn't hold water either. Let me ask you this: swearing is a no-no, but do you have a problem with violence? Most video games have violence. Swear words are just words. And like I said in my previous post, as long as every word out of a characters mouth isn't a swear word, what's the big deal?

Also, that comparison wasn't real life=movies=video games. He changed his defense from real life=video games to movies=video games. If one work of fiction has cursing, why can't another work of fiction have it? Why are video games held up to a completely different standard? Video games should not be censored just because you don't like somebody saying a "bad word". Since you didn't like the real life = video games argument, he changed it to something else. And then you twisted it into that nonsense.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.