This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

#71Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:27:20 PM
People who defend the practice of making *@#&! with their mouths,
please tell me what are your favorite profanity words
and why are they not allowed in these forums?

Coincidence?

Not everyone likes hearing the *&$@ that comes out of ur mouth
#72The_Mighty_KELPPosted 1/27/2013 7:28:32 PM
It's refreshing to see so many other people also don't like swearing in games. I thought I was the only guy who thought "f***ing" should only be used as a verb, and not a noun, adjective, or interjection.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#73SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 7:29:55 PM
Talking about sex in detail is against the TOS as well.

Coincidence?

Quit acting all high and mighty when you're the one playing violent games and think a few swear words here and there is such a travesty among mankind. Are you trolling us?
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#74Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:31:37 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
Talking about sex in detail is against the TOS as well.

Coincidence?

Quit acting all high and mighty when you're the one playing violent games and think a few swear words here and there is such a travesty among mankind. Are you trolling us?

u didnt share ur favorite words
#75killakPosted 1/27/2013 7:32:15 PM
My favs are f*** and bulls***
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#76MourningReignsPosted 1/27/2013 7:33:42 PM
Oh look at TC here, thinkin' he one of dem intellectual mutha******s.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#77Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 7:34:23 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
Because games include human beings and guns then swearing is a necessity? Of the two of us here I don't think I'm the one at risk of not getting the point.

You're not making a point though. You're just saying, "games should have all of these things but not swearing because I said so."

Please quote where I said that.
#78AldathPosted 1/27/2013 7:34:53 PM
When a game abuses swearing and sex to look cool, you know they're playing it wrong or they are trying TOO HARD to be an adult game...

See, DmC... they try to make Dante ook cool by swearing and making obscene hand signs every 2 cutscenes... it doesn't works out, it doesn't makes him more cool, it doesn't really fits the situation.

Then in The Witcher 1 and 2, we have a very cool game that ABUSES of sex scenes and swearing... I mean, it's an adult game already with all the violence, complex gameplay and plot... and yet they throw naked women at you every 5 minutes, OH, naked women ready for sex :)
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#79mattman0101Posted 1/27/2013 7:35:13 PM
I agree with the lot. As long as its not forced or added just to sound cool then I'm okay with it although I don't use profanity. I also agree with the TC. Arkham City had way more than the average amount of profanity for a game(especially for a game rated T, I believe). But I think it was because the limited amount of dialogue the thugs say.
---
Tell me what I want or I'll blast your virtual ass into actual dust!
Currently playing: Halo 4
#80NuuTypePosted 1/27/2013 7:35:36 PM
Jx1010 posted...
People who defend the practice of making *@#&! with their mouths,
please tell me what are your favorite profanity words
and why are they not allowed in these forums?

Coincidence?

Not everyone likes hearing the *&$@ that comes out of ur mouth

excuse my french but f*** what "everyone likes",
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent