This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

#81killakPosted 1/27/2013 6:36:29 PM
See, DmC... they try to make Dante ook cool by swearing and making obscene hand signs every 2 cutscenes... it doesn't works out, it doesn't makes him more cool, it doesn't really fits the situation.

exaggeration

Then in The Witcher 1 and 2, we have a very cool game that ABUSES of sex scenes and swearing... I mean, it's an adult game already with all the violence, complex gameplay and plot... and yet they throw naked women at you every 5 minutes, OH, naked women ready for sex :)

if you don't think the sex fits the theme of the Witcher, perfectly, then may I ask....... are you a little boy?
---
LoL... DSP did his funniest moments of 2012 set.... except they're all about his own content.
#82SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 6:38:20 PM
Please quote where I said that.

Because games include human beings and guns then swearing is a necessity?

?????? If that's not what you're saying, then what the hell is your point?

u didnt share ur favorite words

Words aren't like colors or food. It just depends on the context that it's used in.

wuts ur favr8 kind uf violense??
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#83Grizzle1981Posted 1/27/2013 6:38:52 PM
Aldath posted...
When a game abuses swearing and sex to look cool, you know they're playing it wrong or they are trying TOO HARD to be an adult game...

Ever play Brutal Legend? It proves your statement wrong by it's exact nature.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#84SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 6:40:46 PM
Then in The Witcher 1 and 2, we have a very cool game that ABUSES of sex scenes and swearing... I mean, it's an adult game already with all the violence, complex gameplay and plot... and yet they throw naked women at you every 5 minutes, OH, naked women ready for sex :)

Uh... You have to go out of your way to get "sex scenes" in those games. Are you basing this off of word of mouth or what? The sex scenes in the first one are even blurred and then fade after like 3 seconds and nothing is shown. The Mass Effect series has more sex than that.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#85RollingCradlePosted 1/27/2013 6:41:38 PM
DmC has exactly the right amount of cursing, loved hearing every bit of it!
#86Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 6:42:16 PM
Aldath posted...
When a game abuses swearing and sex to look cool, you know they're playing it wrong or they are trying TOO HARD to be an adult game...

See, DmC... they try to make Dante ook cool by swearing and making obscene hand signs every 2 cutscenes... it doesn't works out, it doesn't makes him more cool, it doesn't really fits the situation.

I've never played Witcher but what you're describing reminds me of the movie Predator. According to Schwarzenegger the producers decided that since it was already R rated they might as well throw in a nude scene too so they tried to convince Arnold to have a sex scene with the Korean girl but Schwarzenegger shot it down as being stupid and out of place in the story.
#87DocDeliciousPosted 1/27/2013 6:43:05 PM
killak posted...
I'd like to know what version of DmC you guys have been playing, because he seriously doesn't swear anywhere near often.

Yah, I counted during my most recent playthrough lol. I was curious.

He says f*** once (as a retort to a demon calling his mother a whore).
S*** five times.
And hell nine times.
(each of the two previous words is used at the same time when he says "what the s***ting hell is that?" lol).
And then, of course, there's his "flock off, feather face" line...which is also a trophy.

So yah, it's really nothing compared to just about every other game out there and all of it is appropriate IMO.
Then, I swear like a sailor so I hardly notice it in games/movies. Going to Catholic school and working warehouse jobs will do that to you though.
---
Ni No Kuni, Vanquish, DmC, Sound Shapes, Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#88Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 6:44:02 PM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
I've never played Witcher but what you're describing reminds me of the movie Predator. According to Schwarzenegger the producers decided that since it was already R rated they might as well throw in a nude scene too so they tried to convince Arnold to have a sex scene with the Korean girl but Schwarzenegger shot it down as being stupid and out of place in the story.

They should have had the sex scene at the end,
having the korean girl as a gift given to the winner.....

But I dont remember any other survivors besides Arnold ...
#89AldathPosted 1/27/2013 6:44:11 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...

Uh... You have to go out of your way to get "sex scenes" in those games. Are you basing this off of word of mouth or what? The sex scenes in the first one are even blurred and then fade after like 3 seconds and nothing is shown. The Mass Effect series has more sex than that.

Yes but I'm talking about the relevancy of sex in-game. I don't see how it could fit the Witcher game world... well, just my toughts.

Games with more of a "sexual environment" often exclude most of the strong sexual content (Saints Row or GTA)... I mean, The Witcher.... Gta...
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#90FungumPosted 1/27/2013 6:45:06 PM
As long as it fits the context, it's more than welcome. Gears of War with no swearing would just be odd.