This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

#91killakPosted 1/27/2013 7:48:04 PM
killak posted...
I'd like to know what version of DmC you guys have been playing, because he seriously doesn't swear anywhere near often.

Yah, I counted during my most recent playthrough lol. I was curious.

He says f*** once (as a retort to a demon calling his mother a whore).
S*** five times.
And hell nine times.
(each of the two previous words is used at the same time when he says "what the s***ting hell is that?" lol).
And then, of course, there's his "flock off, feather face" line...which is also a trophy.

So yah, it's really nothing compared to just about every other game out there and all of it is appropriate IMO.
Then, I swear like a sailor so I hardly notice it in games/movies. Going to Catholic school and working warehouse jobs will do that to you though.

I haven't been counting, but in the first 7 levels, I have not encountered any where a bad amount of swearing. Farcry 3 has more F bombs just from healing yourself or skinning an animal.

I was seriously expecting a single scene from Dante to be:

"What the f***!!! We're brothers....... are you f***ing serious!!!. THAT IS SO GODDAMN AWESOME, MOTHERF***ER"

"you use what? Squirrel semen? That's f***ing disgusting!"

Instead you get a crapload of casual dialogue and the occasional swear. Let's demand the devs head to confession for their sins
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#92Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 7:51:52 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
what the hell is your point?

SilentHawk29 posted...
What exactly was your point?

You know what? No. I've made my point, repeatedly. Clearly you're incapable of understanding it and I'm tired of trying to reword it for your convenience. Either figure it out on your own or stop trying to attack what you don't understand.
#93SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 7:55:01 PM(edited)
Yes but I'm talking about the relevancy of sex in-game. I don't see how it could fit the Witcher game world... well, just my toughts.

Games with more of a "sexual environment" often exclude most of the strong sexual content (Saints Row or GTA)... I mean, The Witcher.... Gta...

How are "women of the night" out of place in that game world? They were commonplace in actual medieval history. Even TV shows and movies in a medieval era of sorts use a lot of sexuality. Even that old '80s "Excalibur" movie had nudity in it, same with the show Camelot that was a recent Starz series. Then there's Game of Thrones and Spartacus, both (especially Spartacus) have a ton of nudity in it.

You're just thinking in a "this is now" standard and are likening how life is now to what you think it should have been.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#94SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 7:56:01 PM(edited)
You know what? No. I've made my point, repeatedly. Clearly you're incapable of understanding it and I'm tired of trying to reword it for your convenience. Either figure it out on your own or stop trying to attack what you don't understand.

Yeah man. So intelligent. "Lol I have no point but I'm going to pretend like I do and maybe people won't see me for the fool that I am."

Your only "point" has been you arguing against profanity without a reason other than "because it's a game."
---
#95jrr18Posted 1/27/2013 7:55:20 PM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

SilentHawk29 posted...

(censored) ya we (censored) won! (censored) swering is the path to (censored) awesomeness! Take that (censored)! there I just made your point.
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#96Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 7:57:21 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...

Yeah man. So intelligent. "Lol I have no point but I'm going to pretend like I do and maybe people won't see me for the fool that I am."

This from the guy who constantly needs to ask what someone's point is and be handheld through the entire conversation. Priceless. ROFL!
#97SilentHawk29Posted 1/27/2013 8:01:08 PM(edited)
This from the guy who constantly needs to ask what someone's point is and be handheld through the entire conversation. Priceless. ROFL!

There is no point. Why do you think I keep asking. You're not making a point. If you were, you would have clearly stated what your argument was, but you haven't done that either and are avoiding doing so.

Pretending you have a point doesn't mean you actually have one. It's just a cop-out to an argument you can't keep up with. You're not even doing a good job of backpedaling.
---
#98Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 8:00:06 PM
jrr18 posted...
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

SilentHawk29 posted...

(censored) ya we (censored) won! (censored) swering is the path to (censored) awesomeness! Take that (censored)! there I just made your point.

Brilliant! When I become lord of all I survey you sir will be my speech writer. :)
#99Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/27/2013 8:02:16 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...

There is no point. Why do you think I keep asking. You're not making a point. If you were, you would have clearly stated what your argument was, but you haven't done that either and are avoiding doing so.

Yawn. Please direct all your upset feelings to my future speech writer. Kthxbye
#100roadtosalvationPosted 1/27/2013 8:07:51 PM
I don't know... this reminds me of a guy who wrote into a magazine complaining about this and he used Mega Man 7 and Mega Man X4 as his examples. Seriously? Sure Mega Man says the d-word at the end when the place is crumbling in 7 after Wily's defeat and it's used in X4 three times but that's so low on the swear word Richter scale don't you think? If you were going to complain about a game using swear words why wouldn't you pick a more appropriate target like Final Fantasy VII where it's used to basically to reinforce a racial stereotype?