This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Updating games problem...

#1erickrollPosted 1/27/2013 5:23:29 PM
I searched the boards and found an archived topic concerning this issue of not being able to update games but there was no resolution to this problem in that topic. I am able to download demos, games, etc , everything except updates for games. Anyone else experiencing this and know a workaround to it? I have tried everything that I can find out there relating to this.
---
Currently Playing: ESV: Skyrim, Darksiders 2, Lords of Shadow
PSN ID: BigPoppaKroll
#2RyuuHou25Posted 1/27/2013 5:24:37 PM
What exactly happens when you try to get the updates?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3erickroll(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:27:53 PM
The download screen comes up and stays at 0% and the minutes remaining goes up into the thousands of minutes...it is ridiculous. None of my games will update, but I can download everything else except the updates for games.
---
#4izza20Posted 1/27/2013 5:29:23 PM
Try disabling media servers in network settings. Apparently that creates issues for some people.
#5killakPosted 1/27/2013 5:30:20 PM
What's your NAT?
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#6erickroll(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:32:07 PM
I already disabled that, I have tried every solution that I have searched for and nothing is helping. I don't understand how I am able to download everything else with no problem but I cannot get the games to download their respective updates...
---
#7erickroll(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:43:26 PM(edited)
Nat is 2, I have also booted up in safe mode and cleaned up any corrupt data on the hard drive, have rebuilt the database, and nothing has worked.
---
#8erickroll(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:05:07 PM
Bump...anybody have any ideas? This is affecting others as well.
---
#9izza20Posted 1/28/2013 11:39:32 PM
erickroll posted...
Bump...anybody have any ideas? This is affecting others as well.

Is it though? We've already listed the common solutions for this problem. I'd say no one here has any further ideas, probably time for you to contact sony.
#10beebarbPosted 1/29/2013 12:47:38 AM(edited)
It could be a matter of interference. Most Wi-Fi routers operate on the 2.4GHz band, which can receive interference from microwaves, cordless phones, mobiles, older spec bluetooth devices, and a myriad of other devices.

Also, most people use 'Automatic' channel selection with their router, which almost always defaults to a crowded channel. Using a program such as inSSIDer to check your local area for a channel with little or no Wi-Fi traffic and setting your router to that channel is recommended.

Edit: Unfortunately, switching to the 5GHz Wi-Fi band is not an option in this case, as the PS3 can't receive 5GHz Wi-Fi signals.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644