This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Ratchet and Clank series worth checking out?

#1bigdeezPosted 1/27/2013 7:45:25 PM(edited)
I see there are a few games in the series. I never played any of them. Is it worth checking this series out? Are all these games single player?

Ratchet and Clank: Collection
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
---
R* is amazing!!!
#2Crimson SkysPosted 1/27/2013 7:22:43 PM
The games that came in the HD collection are the ones worth checking out. (R&C 1, 2, and 3)

After you play those the Future games are worth looking into as well.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3legionofpancakePosted 1/27/2013 7:23:21 PM
Absolutely. I'm completely bias on this of course, considering R&C is one of my favourite series.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#4FiendingHardPosted 1/27/2013 7:24:01 PM
Get the HD Collection. If you like it, move onto the Tools of Destruction trilogy. Avoid All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#5bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:25:14 PM
I know this might sound dumb....but are they childish? I just played Sly Cooper and felt like my 12 y/o brother should be playing it.
---
R* is amazing!!!
#6BkzUziPosted 1/27/2013 7:26:27 PM
Ratchet and Clank: Collection - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty -No
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault - No
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Yes only if you have friend and sibling to play with, if you don't then No.
#7WarhawkPosted 1/27/2013 7:27:44 PM
bigdeez posted...
I know this might sound dumb....but are they childish? I just played Sly Cooper and felt like my 12 y/o brother should be playing it.

Ratchet & Clank is one of the best platformers besides Sly Cooper at least to me. Those are the two I really enjoyed the most.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#8legionofpancakePosted 1/27/2013 7:27:44 PM
bigdeez posted...

Not really. The games take on pretty silly humor at times, but never childish. A Crack in Time has an extremely well told story, at that. Also, don't listen to anyone when they say All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault are bad. Those are just their opinions and maybe you'll feel differently. Just know that they both experiment with the series a bit and tinker with the gameplay.
---
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#9bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:31:39 PM
is All for One a party game? or single player?
---
R* is amazing!!!
#10legionofpancakePosted 1/27/2013 7:33:30 PM
It can be single player or multiplayer. Either way it's great. It still has the series platforming, but it also adds a lot of new features. Levels are pretty linear, as opposed to the more open settings of the other games. While the game does cater towards the mainstream a bit, it's still really fun. The graphics aren't that great, though.
---