This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Ratchet and Clank series worth checking out?

#11Crimson SkysPosted 1/27/2013 7:35:06 PM
bigdeez posted...
I know this might sound dumb....but are they childish? I just played Sly Cooper and felt like my 12 y/o brother should be playing it.

Sly Cooper is a lot more childish than R&C. R&C isn't an "adult" game or anything like that but it's more like the Shrek of videogames if that makes any sense. Both kids and adults can have a good time playing it.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#12bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:48:07 PM
BkzUzi
Posted 1/27/2013 10:26:27 PM
message detail

Ratchet and Clank: Collection - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty -No
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault - No
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Yes only if you have friend and sibling to play with, if you don't then No.

so three of the games are not single player?
---
R* is amazing!!!
#13legionofpancakePosted 1/27/2013 7:49:53 PM
bigdeez posted...
BkzUzi
Posted 1/27/2013 10:26:27 PM
message detail

Ratchet and Clank: Collection - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty -No
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault - No
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Yes only if you have friend and sibling to play with, if you don't then No.

so three of the games are not single player?

They're all single player. Quest for Booty is an extremely short game, being only 3 to 5 hours long. The other two can be played either multiplayer or single player and are fun either way.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#14bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:52:33 PM
ooo ok yeah i see you wrote that in an earlier post my apologies. So you recommend this series, i should try it.

Also anyone know how the Jak and Daxter series is?
---
R* is amazing!!!
#15SophisticationPosted 1/27/2013 7:56:49 PM
Until Sony puts their foot down and ask for their IP back from the incompetent Insomniac, no R&C game is going to be worth playing. The PS3 R&C games were absolutely horrible... The only reason why R&C 1, 2 and 3 were good is because Mark Cerny was on board with everyone of them... He was the creative force behind the entire series -- and many others like Crash, J&D and Spyro.

He's a legend... Insomniac are tune smiths.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#16Crimson SkysPosted 1/27/2013 7:59:55 PM
bigdeez posted...
ooo ok yeah i see you wrote that in an earlier post my apologies. So you recommend this series, i should try it.

It has its ups and downs so overall it's a pretty average series. The first game is a very basic platformer much like every other platformer that came out around that time, the second game improves some things but even then it's still the worst game in the series IMO, and while the third game is good but it's a case of too little too late.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#17legionofpancakePosted 1/27/2013 8:00:24 PM
bigdeez posted...

It's also great. Storywise, it surpasses Ratchet & Clank by a milestone. Gameplay wise, it's a bit shotty but not bad. The first one is strictly platformer while II and III have more mission based action gameplay, but still retains a lot of the platformer essence. Jak II can be kinda hard to play, but Jak III is fantastic.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#18wigsplasherPosted 1/27/2013 8:03:54 PM
bigdeez posted...
I know this might sound dumb....but are they childish? I just played Sly Cooper and felt like my 12 y/o brother should be playing it.

Sly Cooper is a lot more childish than R&C. R&C isn't an "adult" game or anything like that but it's more like the Shrek of videogames if that makes any sense. Both kids and adults can have a good time playing it.

This.

The Sly Cooper series is just plain childish... There's nothing in the games for people above 12.
---
3D gaming is overrated
#19bigdeez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:05:03 PM
i mean the collection is $15 new on amazon really can't beat that
---
R* is amazing!!!
#20DarknessXSeekerPosted 1/27/2013 8:13:20 PM
Get the HD Collection, Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time. If you want to you can get All 4 One if you like MP games, but do NOT get Full Frontal Assault.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."