This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 producer- we need to appeal to action fans who play phone games

#11VarronPosted 1/27/2013 9:07:00 PM
19-20 year olds who've only ever, in their whole life, played games on smartphones should be shot.
---
PSN: Snippuh
#12PStrifePosted 1/27/2013 9:13:29 PM
that logic actually makes no sense, since now they expect these would be users to over-complicate their lives by going through the trouble of making some annoying Origins account, on top of whatever other extra hurdle they will supposedly love wasting their time on. I guess forcing your would be new customer to make at least two new accounts is now considered fun?

Here's a hint to that EA douche. People play them phones games due to the multiple convenience/near instant access factors.
#13mx_703Posted 1/27/2013 9:27:41 PM
Varron posted...
19-20 year olds who've only ever, in their whole life, played games on smartphones should be shot.

This haha.

I'm 20, I grew up with N64 and PS1 and beyond. Smartphones came out in like 2007/2008. If you waited that long (around 15/16) to play a game (not even COD, Halo, or anything?) why would you buy Dead Space 3, or any big named game for that matter?
---
PSN & MGO:mx703, AriZona XLink: mx_703
#14CyricsServantPosted 1/27/2013 9:31:33 PM
I'm still withholding judgment until the reviews hit, but damn, EA is really going out of their way to make DS3 seem like a generic waste of time.
#15Thor61Posted 1/27/2013 9:35:19 PM
Dumbing down hardcore games to appeal to casual gamers. That's a recipe for disaster.
#16star_guy_100Posted 1/27/2013 9:38:38 PM
i wonder if the price of this game will drop faster then re6. i bet in 2 months you will be able to find it for 30
#17Wozman23Posted 1/27/2013 9:39:03 PM
Prior to Dead Space 2, there was a lot of controversy. People thought the game would be more action based. Moving away from survival horror would make it less scary. Then the game released, and was still great.

A cover system, customizable weapons, human enemies, co-op, microtransactions. They've all been criticized. But after the success of the sequel, I'm fairly confident Visceral knows what they are doing.
---
Recently Played: Snapshot, Borderland 2, Sound Shapes, DmC, The Cave
Anticipating: Sly, Dead Space, GoW Ascension, Guacamelee, Puppeteer
#18kreedersPosted 1/27/2013 9:42:54 PM
so DS3 will be free to get the disc or download for and we have to pay for everything else EX extra guns

cause thats the only way I play a phone game, if its free or like 1 $
#19rockyoumonkeysPosted 1/27/2013 10:32:44 PM
kreeders posted...
so DS3 will be free to get the disc or download for and we have to pay for everything else EX extra guns

cause thats the only way I play a phone game, if its free or like 1 $

Came in here to say pretty much this.

Nobody "prefers" microtransactions in games. NOBODY. And here this idiot producer is acting like they're implementing it because that's how teenagers like to play.

They tolerate it because in most cases, the game itself is free or dirt cheap. Not $60.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#20arclouks_xPosted 1/27/2013 10:38:28 PM
Hate it when they admit it but yeah they gotta make some money.
---
PS3/VITA:arclouksx -Now playing:Ps all stars,NFSMW2005,Stranger's wrath,FF7,KZ3MP
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png