This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 producer- we need to appeal to action fans who play phone games

#21zUkUuPosted 1/27/2013 10:41:23 PM
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy
Dead Space
DMC

so, which series will hit the mainstream-dust next?
#22kingrat2314Posted 1/27/2013 10:48:22 PM
I'm a DS fan and I have it preordered. Microtransactions aren't going to affect me because I'm too smart to buy with real money what I can already get in the game just by playing. If they want to sucker some saps, I say go for it.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#23doraemonllh1989Posted 1/27/2013 10:56:43 PM
I will still get it lololololol
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#24RoxasANobodyPosted 1/27/2013 11:06:25 PM
bigdeez posted...
wtf? Why do game company's feel that there game should appeal to every type of gamer?
There are people who play phone games.
There are people who play console games
There are people who play pc games

KEEP THEM >>>>ING SEPARATE.

survival horror game fans, who are 19 and 20 --- wtf?

You aren't a gamer. It's about time some of you woke up and realized what you are to these people -- you are CUSTOMERS and that's about it. To them, if you're the type of person who plays any game, then you are a potential customer in their demographic.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#25RoxasANobodyPosted 1/27/2013 11:08:18 PM
kingrat2314 posted...
I'm a DS fan and I have it preordered. Microtransactions aren't going to affect me because I'm too smart to buy with real money what I can already get in the game just by playing. If they want to sucker some saps, I say go for it.

In addition to my last post, I would also like to "^^ THIS" that post. There are thousands of games out there that use Microtransactions. Although I most certainly cannot name of thousands, I'm not going to say that they are few and alone. Microtransactions are for people who have the money to burn on these games. If you aren't going to get "suckered" into it, then it's apart of a system that you don't have to use.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#26Seifer_usPosted 1/27/2013 11:23:08 PM
Show me a developer who makes the kind of games they themselves want to play, and I'll show you satisfied customers. It's the same as a good director making a film based on what the audience wants rather than sticking to his / her own vision. You can't make quality products like that.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#27TomorrowDogPosted 1/27/2013 11:24:21 PM
If there aren't any problems with the game if you don't insert quarters into it when it wants you to then it isn't a big deal I don't think. From what I've heard it is basically unlocking/upgrading things earlier than you would normally. So they can try and squeeze money from their less intelligent customers as much as they want if it doesn't impact my experience.

That quote is the most asinine thing I've read today though, and it doesn't signify good things for the future if that is the sort of broken reasoning they're going with. People like the typical micro-transaction model (which usually doesn't involve a $60 upfront cost for the game), they don't just like paying micro-transactions. I mean, my god, that is too stupid to take serious.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#284dfmaEFPosted 1/27/2013 11:26:40 PM
Seifer_us posted...
Show me a developer who makes the kind of games they themselves want to play, and I'll show you satisfied customers. It's the same as a good director making a film based on what the audience wants rather than sticking to his / her own vision. You can't make quality products like that.

The only one that succeeds at this is Quentin Tarantino
---
Love sometimes kills and sometimes revives.
I need a revive.
#29TheTrueNubPosted 1/27/2013 11:30:32 PM
"Appealing to the smartphone generation" is thinking awfully short term.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#30Stanger5150Posted 1/27/2013 11:39:04 PM
How is the option of micro transactions "alienating" anyone?

It's an option. Just one extra thing to allow gamers to play how they want. If you want to play through the game without extra money spent, you can do so.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"