This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 producer- we need to appeal to action fans who play phone games

#41CloakedNubPosted 1/28/2013 11:30:41 AM(edited)
secondhand1 posted...
Fungum posted...
SCCAN85 posted...
one answer, $ and a lot of companies this gen are losing out on it big time. more people play stupid games on their phones and it's taking a toll on the videogame business.

I hate that they are catering to the phone people, who imo aren't really traditional gamers to begin with

They're not.

Just because you play games on a smartphone doesn't make you a gamer.
Just because you play Wii Sports on your Wii doesn't make you a gamer.

I'm not buying DS3 until it has a steep price cut. I'm not paying a company and basically authenticating this type of bull ****. Leave smart phone morons to their stupid angry birds type garbage.

Does pissing and moaning about abstract definitions on the internet make you a gamer? Does crying about the direction a franchise takes because it doesn't jibe with your, "vision" make you a gamer? Does lambasting publishers and developers for the work they do because it's not how you would do it if you had the knowledge or drive to do it make you a gamer?

Cause if so, you're gaming in spades, my friend.

One of those loliplaymyphonesoimagamer "gamers." Don't be so mad you have no real gaming skill.

I liked DS, but I'm not sold on DS3 with or without the microtransactions.
#42jrr18Posted 1/28/2013 11:30:31 AM
zender1999 posted...
not buyng this game, not supporting this company or this kind of games and vusiness, not good for future of videogamea, they must fail for the good of the future of our favorite hobby

Buying* business* videogames*
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#43anonymous46773Posted 1/28/2013 11:31:49 AM
No buy
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#44regsantotomasPosted 1/28/2013 11:34:00 AM
CloakedNub posted...
One of those loliplaymyphonesoimagamer "gamers." Don't be so mad you have no real gaming skill.

Whoa! Are you a true and legitimate "real gamer"? I am so impressed. </sarcasm>
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#45jrr18Posted 1/28/2013 11:37:39 AM
regsantotomas posted...
CloakedNub posted...

Whoa! Are you a true and legitimate "real gamer"? I am so impressed. </sarcasm>

I think he was speaking trollish.
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#46glory of power metalPosted 1/28/2013 11:44:05 AM
itt ass AGONY
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#47thesnoopmeisterPosted 1/28/2013 11:48:52 AM
Day one buy for me. Get me?
#484dfmaEFPosted 1/28/2013 11:49:46 AM
EricCrapton posted...
4dfmaEF posted...
Seifer_us posted...
Show me a developer who makes the kind of games they themselves want to play, and I'll show you satisfied customers. It's the same as a good director making a film based on what the audience wants rather than sticking to his / her own vision. You can't make quality products like that.

The only one that succeeds at this is Quentin Tarantino

Thats absolutely not true at all. Tarantino is hardly the only one.

Name another instead of simply retorting "not true"
And I obviously forgot his best friend Rodriguez
---
Love sometimes kills and sometimes revives.
I need a revive.
#49secondhand1Posted 1/28/2013 11:49:58 AM
CloakedNub posted...

I liked DS, but I'm not sold on DS3 with or without the microtransactions.

You're not helping this anemic argument, guy.

The fact that you feel you need to qualify what a gamer is proves you aren't one. You'd rather primp and preen and feel like you belong to some imaginary cool kids club than just enjoy a hobby.

Pretty sad.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#504dfmaEFPosted 1/28/2013 11:54:09 AM(edited)
jrr18 posted...
656stooge posted...
EricCrapton posted...
4dfmaEF posted...
Seifer_us posted...
Show me a developer who makes the kind of games they themselves want to play, and I'll show you satisfied customers. It's the same as a good director making a film based on what the audience wants rather than sticking to his / her own vision. You can't make quality products like that.

The only one that succeeds at this is Quentin Tarantino

Thats absolutely not true at all. Tarantino is hardly the only one.

Yep, director's like Guillermo del Toro and Peter Jackson make what they like and have been pretty successful.

and I hear that george lucas did some good work in scifi and action movies when he used that idea before he became greedy.

Yeah so we're at 5 if we count them all. That's hardly the opposite of what I said. They're still the minority.
---
Love sometimes kills and sometimes revives.
I need a revive.