This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 producer- we need to appeal to action fans who play phone games

#51RyuuHou25Posted 1/28/2013 11:58:26 AM
They're all gamers, technically.

It's just a very large majority are blithering sheep that will buy anything and everything.

However, it's extremely probably that the people they're trying to appeal to, are always going to ignore console games.

For one thing, this would require them to actually HAVE the freaking console, and if they're phone gamers, why in the **** would they buy a console for the third entry in a franchise, just so they can pay EA in micro transactions??? They wouldn't.

It's probably the single stupidest thing I've ever heard a producer say......EVER.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#52dj___rollPosted 1/28/2013 12:02:52 PM
4dfmaEF posted...
Seifer_us posted...
Show me a developer who makes the kind of games they themselves want to play, and I'll show you satisfied customers. It's the same as a good director making a film based on what the audience wants rather than sticking to his / her own vision. You can't make quality products like that.

The only one that succeeds at this is Quentin Tarantino

I'd highly disagree with that. Tarentino movies are like a high high school student wrote them.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#53656stoogePosted 1/28/2013 12:09:23 PM
4dfmaEF posted...

Yeah so we're at 5 if we count them all. That's hardly the opposite of what I said. They're still the minority.

I gave a few examples. Sorry, but I didn't know you wanted me to list them all. I have to be honest, I don't know if I have the time for that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#54Mizzou_GuyPosted 1/28/2013 12:55:16 PM
656stooge posted...
4dfmaEF posted...

Yeah so we're at 5 if we count them all. That's hardly the opposite of what I said. They're still the minority.

I gave a few examples. Sorry, but I didn't know you wanted me to list them all. I have to be honest, I don't know if I have the time for that.

I'll add Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg, and Bryan Singer.
#55Asd202Posted 1/28/2013 1:01:00 PM
Yep all those phone gamers have a console lying around xD.
#56jrr18Posted 1/28/2013 1:01:09 PM
Mizzou_Guy posted...
656stooge posted...
4dfmaEF posted...

I'll add Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg, and Bryan Singer.

That guy who made the star trek hte TV show not the new movie.
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#57EricCraptonPosted 1/28/2013 1:06:53 PM
4dfmaEF posted...
EricCrapton posted...
4dfmaEF posted...
Seifer_us posted...
Show me a developer who makes the kind of games they themselves want to play, and I'll show you satisfied customers. It's the same as a good director making a film based on what the audience wants rather than sticking to his / her own vision. You can't make quality products like that.

The only one that succeeds at this is Quentin Tarantino

Thats absolutely not true at all. Tarantino is hardly the only one.

Name another instead of simply retorting "not true"
And I obviously forgot his best friend Rodriguez

Del Toro, Arronofsky, Lynch, Kubrick, Kevin Smith, Lars Von Trier, Tom Six, just off the top of my head.
---
Terrible, take a lap.
#58zemzeroPosted 1/28/2013 1:20:10 PM
Ok, so Seifer_us has been owned, he gets the point about directors.

As for Deadspace, trying to appeal to mobile gamers is pure bull**** and I hope some day that developers understand that trying to appeal to a mass market only damages it's core fans. I dont want to play an easy, fun, laid back "horror" game. However, the "microtransactions" aren't very different from the DLC "cheats" you could buy for the first two games. Better armor, weapons that do more damage, etc, etc.
#59LapanuiPosted 1/28/2013 1:23:57 PM
If you're the kind of person who doesn't own any consoles and only plays games on your phone, why would you go out and buy a console for 200 or so, which isn't portable and takes longer to finish than phone games??

I wouldn't go out and buy a brand new phone because of a game on their so I don't see phone gamers going out and getting a console for one game they most likely have never heard of.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#60killakPosted 1/28/2013 1:27:11 PM
I see what they're doing here, and it makes sense, but it doesn't affect my gaming experience at all, so it's no bother to me at all.

You know you can earn all your upgrades just like the past 2 games, yet people complain and pull the silly "i'll buy it used" line, just so they can deliver a stake if possible.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok