This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 producer- we need to appeal to action fans who play phone games

#61spectermaster14Posted 1/28/2013 2:29:06 PM
I see what they're doing here, and it makes sense, but it doesn't affect my gaming experience at all, so it's no bother to me at all.

You know you can earn all your upgrades just like the past 2 games, yet people complain and pull the silly "i'll buy it used" line, just so they can deliver a stake if possible.

Thing is, it actually seems like a lot of people don't even get that he's referring to the microtransactions. Serious, I'm gonna say it again; read the actual quote, he's not talking about the gameplay or anything, just the DLC. Click bait bull **** seems to have confused people.
#62killakPosted 1/28/2013 2:40:37 PM
Thing is, it actually seems like a lot of people don't even get that he's referring to the microtransactions. Serious, I'm gonna say it again; read the actual quote, he's not talking about the gameplay or anything, just the DLC. Click bait bull **** seems to have confused people.

I actually wish all developers gave people the option to play how they want to, since they......you know.....bought the game to play and enjoy.

I've never bought shortcut items, but when they're there, i'm glad because if I ever do need to simply unlock all the cars because I can't be bothered going through hundreds of repetitive races...... i'll take it.
---
LoL... DSP did his funniest moments of 2012 set.... except they're all about his own content.
#63spectermaster14Posted 1/28/2013 2:44:32 PM

I actually wish all developers gave people the option to play how they want to, since they......you know.....bought the game to play and enjoy.

I've never bought shortcut items, but when they're there, i'm glad because if I ever do need to simply unlock all the cars because I can't be bothered going through hundreds of repetitive races...... i'll take it.

Closest I've come was downloading Protoman for MM Powered Up because **** those challenges. I can't see paying money myself, but I don't get why it's a horrible thing. Others wanna use it, they're free to. And like he said, some consumers are used to the idea and want that quick access. It's like all the coin options in Jetpack Joyride or what have you.
#64killakPosted 1/28/2013 2:48:19 PM
Closest I've come was downloading Protoman for MM Powered Up because **** those challenges. I can't see paying money myself, but I don't get why it's a horrible thing. Others wanna use it, they're free to. And like he said, some consumers are used to the idea and want that quick access. It's like all the coin options in Jetpack Joyride or what have you.

Correct.

The unfortunate thing is that people scour the internet looking for yet another way to paint a dev in a negative light.

If they wanted to make the game next to impossible to progress, without grinding millions of hours on earlier levels (the Free2Play model), then I would find issue.... but it's not going to be like that.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#65SigmaHacielPosted 1/28/2013 2:48:51 PM
The downfall of another producer. Shame. Oh well.
#66thesnoopmeisterPosted 1/28/2013 2:53:09 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...

U reckon?
#67docholliday504Posted 1/28/2013 3:02:37 PM
As I've gotten older, I've lost that "burning desire" to own and play titles on release. Nowadays, I often just wait for the 'Gold version' to come along and/or make an informed decision on whether the DLC adds any value for me prior to purchase.

If they plan on burying this game in DLC, it just means it'll be a little bit longer before I play it. That said, DS 1 and 2 were fan-*******-tastic games so I'll certainly buy it sooner or later.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy XII, Halo 4
#68656stoogePosted 1/28/2013 4:28:51 PM
killak posted...

They did. They were known as cheat codes. Pretty sure EA were the first ****s to start charging for them too.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#69SigmaHacielPosted 1/28/2013 4:32:47 PM
thesnoopmeister posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

U reckon?

Once a producer decides to forget the current fanbase for "extras", they have lost.

You can't keep both. You don't get the cake and the whipped topping.
#70killakPosted 1/28/2013 4:34:20 PM
They did. They were known as cheat codes. Pretty sure EA were the first ****s to start charging for them too.

Magazines weren't free, and did you play any codemasters games from the SNES onwards?
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/b6k98sp