This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 producer- we need to appeal to action fans who play phone games

#71656stoogePosted 1/28/2013 4:37:52 PM
killak posted...
They did. They were known as cheat codes. Pretty sure EA were the first ****s to start charging for them too.

Magazines weren't free, and did you play any codemasters games from the SNES onwards?

Dude. Don't turn into Crimson aren't start arguing just for the sake of it. Cheats were free. You could trade them with friends at school or even use that new fangled internet.

These are nothing more than ten second codes that cost the devs nothing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#72Lozh900Posted 1/28/2013 4:58:13 PM
Lol at 40 game with micro transactions.

Bye bye dead space, you died a horrible EA Death.

Next up, army of two or something.
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth / Steam : Jenova19848 / WiiU ID : ???
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ram / Gtx 560 / 1tb hdd / win 7 home 64bit
#73656stoogePosted 1/28/2013 4:59:25 PM
Lozh900 posted...

Dragon Age 3 is next on the chopping block.
---
#74killakPosted 1/28/2013 5:01:28 PM
Dude. Don't turn into Crimson aren't start arguing just for the sake of it. Cheats were free. You could trade them with friends at school or even use that new fangled internet.

I'm not. I'm saying that I bought magazines for pretty much all my cheats, did chores to be able to call the nintendo hotline and more chores to be able to get a codemasters cheat.

since the PS1 hit, codemasters cheats couldn't be shared at all, because each disc had a unique serial number embedded in the code.

someone always had to pay at one point.
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#75killakPosted 1/28/2013 5:04:37 PM

the micro transactions are essentially short cuts. that you can optionally take. How exactly is it a bad thing? You act like they've locked away half the disc worth of content.
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#76656stoogePosted 1/28/2013 5:05:56 PM(edited)
Don't give me that. I've been gaming since '88 and I've never once purchased a magazine for cheat codes. You could browse them in the news agent if they were all you wanted, and as I pointed out there were plenty of other ways to get them.

EA has just seen this as another chance to pull even more money out of gamers for as little effort on their part as possible. Hell, listen to the candid recording of the EA CEO talking about micro-transactions for proof.

If they don't bother you then fine, but don't defend the ****. They're not doing us any favours here. All they're doing is charging us for what they once offered for free.
---
#77killakPosted 1/28/2013 5:10:02 PM
Don't give me that. I've been gaming since '88 and I've never once purchased a magazine for cheat codes. You could browse them in the news agent if they were all you wanted, and as I pointed out there were plenty of other ways to get them.

My newsagent was a real narc when it came to school kids and the game magazines. I didn't have much of an option. When the internet made everything free, it's understandable that they'd change things eventually.

EA has just seen this as another chance to pull even more money out of gamers for as little effort on their part as possible. Hell, listen to the candid recording of the EA CEO talking about micro-transactions for proof.

I'm sure they are. Point is that I won't be buying any of it, because I don't need it.

If they don't bother you then fine, but don't defend the ****. They're not doing us any favours here. All they're doing is charging us for what they once offered for free.

It's hard to not be bothered and not seen as a defender, so i'm not going to try 'not defending'. And I know they're not doing us any favours, but unfortunately, s*** happens and times change. Console games never had load times and installs before, but things changed
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#78RemakeMePosted 1/28/2013 6:01:49 PM
If micro transactions have to exist then they should be like this.

content should be unlockable always, but if they offer a way to cut the unlocking with micro-transaction i don't mind one bit.

While on disk dlc should always be free when buying new.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#79RemakeMePosted 1/28/2013 6:04:28 PM
but i disagree about a company trying to appeal to every audience, thats what RE6 did and it was mediocre game.

Dead Space was a successful new ip because survival horror is rare or not done well these days.

I still think the game looks and plays survivalish and the COOP is a nice addition that doesn't forces it on you when playing single player was a genius idea...but it seems like each new DS game is moving more and more towards action. It's just doing it slower than how RE has done it when starting from RE4.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#80Stanger5150Posted 1/28/2013 6:12:23 PM
I have several great games on iPhone, and that doesn't make me less of a gamer.

I've probably been gaming longer, and have played more games, than most people here. My iPhone is just another device with which I can experience my favorite hobby. How is that a bad thing?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"