This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Ni no Kuni as boring as it looks?

#1kloud 11Posted 1/27/2013 9:27:50 PM
I kinda want to buy it because of the hype and i havent played a good traditional JRPG in years but every video i watch of it look dull as dirt. Opinions?
#2Crimson SkysPosted 1/27/2013 9:31:19 PM
It's one of those games that's better when you're actually playing it. I didn't think it was going to be that good even after playing the demo but I bought the full game anyway and now I'm having a lot of fun with it.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3godslayer61Posted 1/27/2013 9:32:20 PM
kloud 11 posted...
I kinda want to buy it because of the hype and i havent played a good traditional JRPG in years but every video i watch of it look dull as dirt. Opinions?

its far from boring,im loving everthing about it.I can say that its the only game in the past year that is truly worth $60.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#4kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:34:02 PM
What's the exploration like. Why does the battle system looks so damn boring? Does it get better, what kind of depth are we talking?
#5TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/27/2013 9:34:43 PM
godslayer61 posted...
kloud 11 posted...

I can say that its the only game in the past year that is truly worth $60.

That's quite a bold statement my friend!
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#6Magoo111Posted 1/27/2013 9:45:21 PM
The battle system is a tiny bit clunky, but really fun once you get used to it. It may appear boring and simplistic, but there is actually a decent amount of strategy and timing involved.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#7kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:49:06 PM(edited)
ehhhhh, the more i think about it the more likely i am to pass. I don't really like level 5 games outside Dark Cloud 2. Even Dragon Quest 8 was terrible IMO, so damn boring
#8SibbsPosted 1/27/2013 9:52:10 PM
Picked it up yesterday, and I went on to play it 15 hours this weekend. It's been a good 5 years since I have invested that much time in such a short period on any game. It takes a little while to get going...absolute must have if you are an RPG fan of any type, IMO.
#9SibbsPosted 1/27/2013 9:53:07 PM
kloud 11 posted...
ehhhhh, the more i think about it the more likely i am to pass. I don't really like level 5 games outside Dark Cloud 2. Even Dragon Quest 8 was terrible IMO, so damn boring

Your loss, really. This certainly is not Dragon Quest.
#10digidevilwilPosted 1/27/2013 9:56:43 PM
The battle system is really boring, and not as strategic as some make it out to be, as you can beat the game using low tier monsters, underleveled monsters, considering how dull th management is, that's what one could easily do on "accident" as well.

Personally for me a good battle system takes precedence over everything. I would rather play an ass rpg in all other regards as long as it has a solid battle system, and basically this game is pretty amazing in all regards, aside from the battle system, which ends up being a massive turn off, that and even if this game has stuff like a world map, there is nothing hype about it. Not like FFVII or something where you find quad magic, or a badass summon tucked away somewhere. It's a pretty generic and forgettable world map, where as I still remember world maps from older RPGs to the T.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX