This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if Ni No Kuni had cussing?

#11PendragoonPosted 1/27/2013 11:48:31 PM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
Take out the anime, give me older characters, and get rid of the pixel shading, and I'd be all over it. I'm not anti-JRPG though, I love FF..including FFXIII.

So basically you would only want the game if the story, music, graphics, and gameplay were all different.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#12HolyMcmolyPosted 1/28/2013 12:04:18 AM
The lack of cussing isn't the reason Ni No Kuni is a bad game. The cliched, done-to-death characters, story, and art style are the reason it's not good.
#13PendragoonPosted 1/28/2013 12:15:40 AM
HolyMcmoly posted...
The lack of cussing isn't the reason Ni No Kuni is a bad game. The cliched, done-to-death characters, story, and art style are the reason it's not good.

Done to death art style? There are only a handful of Ghibli art style games, and most of them are on the DS. And so far the story hasn't been cliche or rehashed. It isn't breaking new ground but I have yet to feel like I had done all of this before.

As for characters, what character type isn't over done and cliche these days? We have pretty much seen everything at this point. The characters are written and voiced well enough, there isn't much to complain about.

And like I said earlier, there is quite a bit of PG-13 level cussing.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#14TalesRevenantPosted 1/28/2013 12:26:35 AM(edited)
Drippy would become EVEN funnier.

Like...

It's Tidy, ***********

Look at tidy *********!

Tidy, **** you!

Tidy****
#15nedrithPosted 1/28/2013 12:42:48 AM
It's really hard to argue the game doesn't. Like someone else said, Drippy uses the word flipping half the time he says something it seems. It might not be actual cussing but then again Battle Star Galactica didn't exactly use the actual word ever that I can remember either, granted they used a bit closer to the actual word but the meaning is there.