This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are JRPG's

#11OrangeSchweesePosted 1/27/2013 11:45:32 PM
It's an action rpg.
#12PoorCountryPosted 1/27/2013 11:55:59 PM
copycat2008 posted...
if they are made by japanese then its jrpg
if its a shooting game made by japanese then its a JFPS

end of discussion

"JRPG" was coined to describe a type of game and presentation that typically came from Japanese developers. Its function was always to describe the nature of the game itself; "JRPG" is just shorthand for getting that description across.
#13RaengPosted 1/27/2013 11:56:17 PM
I wish people like this would take their argumentative and writing skills to school and actually use them for something useful instead of something terribly uninteresting as this.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#14justchill433Posted 1/28/2013 12:00:24 AM
It's an action rpg.

Which is not mutually exclusive. That describes the battle system. JRPG/WRPG describe the style. A game can be both JRPG and ARPG.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#15TheWarHorsePosted 1/28/2013 12:06:14 AM
I'd say JRPG's should be less defined by the region the game is actually made in and more so by the content. For example.. a few defining qualities would be that JRPG's tend to be focused around children as the main characters. Japanese game makers seems to prefer kids in their games. They also like to have goofy little creatures either following you around or being your enemies.. like a bird monster or a flying lion like creature. They're also usually extremely feminine and the male characters look and act more like 8 year old girls than anything.
---
Intel Pentium II @ 150MHz | 32MB RAM (SIMMs) | 2GB HDD | ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM | CD-ROM | 56k modem | Windows ME
#16Purification(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:18:32 AM
TheWarHorse posted...
I'd say JRPG's should be less defined by the region the game is actually made in and more so by the content. For example.. a few defining qualities would be that JRPG's tend to be focused around children as the main characters. Japanese game makers seems to prefer kids in their games. They also like to have goofy little creatures either following you around or being your enemies.. like a bird monster or a flying lion like creature. They're also usually extremely feminine and the male characters look and act more like 8 year old girls than anything.

I guess according to you, only about half the RPG's from Japan are JRPG's then.
---
The Judge, Jury, and Executioner
#17PoorCountryPosted 1/28/2013 12:27:23 AM
Purification posted...
TheWarHorse posted...

I guess according to you, only about half the RPG's from Japan are JRPG's then.

Is it such a crazy thing to say it's a misnomer?
#18OrangeSchweesePosted 1/28/2013 12:37:59 AM
justchill433 posted...
It's an action rpg.

Which is not mutually exclusive. That describes the battle system. JRPG/WRPG describe the style. A game can be both JRPG and ARPG.

And what is this, exactly? J or W? Oh yeah, it's either both or neither. So, simply calling it an ARPG covers it, as opposed to arguing about what it is until the end of time.
#19ohyeahdudePosted 1/28/2013 12:42:49 AM
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? I bought demons souls today and i cant get it to play.. i start the game.. it takes about 3 minutes to even bring up the demons souls logo in the bottom let portion of the screen.. and then a notice pops up that tells you the game is compatible with the system data auto save feature. and there is a prompt to push okay.. I push okay and the game just freezes.. Ive let it sit on that screen for over 10 mins and it does nothing.. has anybody else had this problem?
#20PoorCountryPosted 1/28/2013 1:02:34 AM
ohyeahdude posted...
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? I bought demons souls today and i cant get it to play.. i start the game.. it takes about 3 minutes to even bring up the demons souls logo in the bottom let portion of the screen.. and then a notice pops up that tells you the game is compatible with the system data auto save feature. and there is a prompt to push okay.. I push okay and the game just freezes.. Ive let it sit on that screen for over 10 mins and it does nothing.. has anybody else had this problem?

I would gladly help you if I knew how -- sadly I don't. Sorry, friend, but you'll have to go without my assistance.