This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SEGA Rally Series

#1RomanBlade00Posted 1/28/2013 12:11:55 AM
Why was SEGA Rally Online Arcade removed from the PSN store?

For those that played SEGA Rally Online Arcade, how does it compare to SEGA Rally Revo? Was it better, worse, and why?

I wish they'd just release a HD version of the arcade version of the original...
---
PSN: romanblade86
#2XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/28/2013 12:29:44 AM
I loved it on the Saturn but never bought it on a newer system. I was always curious as to how Sega Rally Online was but it didn't seem like it was overly good.
#3RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:44:33 AM
I just bought SEGA Rally Revo from an Amazon seller supposedly brand new for $10 so I'll see how it is.

SEGA Rally Arcade Online's graphics seem more cartoony which I feel are worse than Revo's.
---
#4XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/28/2013 12:53:41 AM
I think it's ridiculous when a game like Sega Rally deserves to get as much detail as a game like Gran Turismo and it just ends up as an average looking game.

I also bought Sega Touring Car on the Saturn so many years ago but it wasn't as good as Sega Rally.
#5RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:09:37 AM
I just saw this video from someone that claims Revo had horrible controls compared to the Online Arcade version. I wonder how true this is considering he got a bunch of thumbs down. Perhaps it's mostly due to his voice presentation? Any opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZ72R5riTs
---
#6RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 1:20:20 AM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
I think it's ridiculous when a game like Sega Rally deserves to get as much detail as a game like Gran Turismo and it just ends up as an average looking game.

I also bought Sega Touring Car on the Saturn so many years ago but it wasn't as good as Sega Rally.

Gran Turismo has a much bigger budget, development time and more talented development team working on it in order to produce one of Sony's flagship titles. Gran Turismo sells millions each time a new game is released. SEGA will not have a huge budget to give for the development of a new SEGA Rally like they did with the first game. Heck, Japanese developers aren't even working on the series anymore. It's more of a niche series nowadays.
---
#7RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:40:58 PM
Anyone have any insights as to why SEGA Rally Online Arcade was removed from the Playstation store?
---
#8killakPosted 1/28/2013 4:43:31 PM
I only played the demo of the online version, and I hated that the exterior cam was locked hard onto the car, unlike it is in SEGA Rally (what Revo is called in Australia).

That was enough to make me skip it.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#9RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:45:33 PM
I see. Looks like Revo most likely has higher production values which is important to me. Looks like I'll just have to do with Revo but I do wish they'd release a HD version of the original.
---
#10killakPosted 1/28/2013 4:47:24 PM
but I do wish they'd release a HD version of the original.

For sure. I've been spending time with the Saturn version and Sega Rally 2 on the Dreamcast (not it's best outing)
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me: No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*