This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SEGA Rally Series

#11funguy2233Posted 1/28/2013 4:49:45 PM
Anyone have any insights as to why SEGA Rally Online Arcade was removed from the Playstation store?

The license for one of the cars might might have expired so Sega would have to stop selling the game. I don't know if this is the case but it happened with Outrun when their Ferrari license expired.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfH-uTQbxCk
#12RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:51:31 PM
I just wish SEGA would release a bunch of their older racers like SEGA Super GT and OutRun but due to licensing issues we're probably not going to see those. SEGA has so many awesome arcade racers that should be released in the Playstation store. Daytona USA is not enough!
---
PSN: romanblade86
#13RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:53:36 PM
funguy2233 posted...
Anyone have any insights as to why SEGA Rally Online Arcade was removed from the Playstation store?

The license for one of the cars might might have expired so Sega would have to stop selling the game. I don't know if this is the case but it happened with Outrun when their Ferrari license expired.

Yeah, that's most likely it. I'm really bummed that they removed OutRun. I recently got a PS3 so I missed out on it. I loved OutRun 2 and OutRun 2006 for XBox. OutRun 2006 was my second favorite racer for XBox after Burnout 3.
---
#14RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:51:25 PM
So, what did you all think of SEGA Rally Revo? May as well gather some opinions before I get the game. The controls seem really loose from the videos that I saw, is it till fun and do you get used to them?
---
#15killakPosted 1/28/2013 7:53:10 PM
It's really simple fun, and you tear up the ground permanently like in motorstorm. It also has the classic Celica from the arcade
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#16RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 8:10:03 PM
killak posted...
It's really simple fun, and you tear up the ground permanently like in motorstorm. It also has the classic Celica from the arcade

Nice. I bet it will be almost impossible to find some online games though. I guess I'll have to go through the SEGA Rally Revo forum and gather some names. I'm pretty stoked that I was able to get a new copy for $10 shipped. I think for that price I can overlook many of the game's shortcomings. I mean, I'm not expecting Dirt 2 or Dirt 3 with this one.
---
#17RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:59:31 AM
You can always count Eurogamer to give SEGA games love. Here they are reviewing SEGA Rally aka SEGA Rally Revo (outside of Europe):

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sega-rally-review
---
#18RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:34:15 AM
Where's the SEGA Rally love up in hurr?
---
#19RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:05:51 PM
I wish SEGA would give one of their intellectual properties to Criterion to develop. Those guys know how to make a racing game. Burnout 3 reminded me of something SEGA would make.
---