This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The senator's right about gamers having little say in gaming violence

#11kreedersPosted 1/28/2013 2:24:33 AM
there is just as much violence at sporting events so lets ban those also
#12kupo1705Posted 1/28/2013 2:26:07 AM
Video games are bad!

What? Guns are bad? Don't touch my freedom!
#13SophisticationPosted 1/28/2013 2:30:29 AM
kreeders posted...
there is just as much violence at sporting events so lets ban those also

There's more violence on the news than anywhere else... That does need to be banned and with it all their suggestive MK-ULTRA, not the video game, tactics will go with it.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#14riddlebox89Posted 1/28/2013 3:03:46 AM
Anytime someone says a politician is right about something, two things happen, the first thing is the politician is never right about anything, the second thing is the opinion of the person saying the politician is right about whatever is automatically invalid.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#15crazyman32Posted 1/28/2013 3:15:14 AM(edited)
The Senator is full of enough hot air for a hot air balloon.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#16king_maddenPosted 1/28/2013 3:13:47 AM
Jx1010 posted...
Facts:

- Politicians are liars
- Call of Duty is overrated
- Violence in video games is as bad as in movies and tv shows
- Anti depressants are completely ignored when looking into violent acts

I wouldnt say violence in games is just as bad as movies and shows. in movies and shows its someone else acting out something. In video games a lot of gamers picture themselves as the character performing those acts, in games like GTA the extra violence is only because the player wants it to happen.
#17IChangedMyNamePosted 1/28/2013 3:32:50 AM
Yea and next thing you know TC, what they put in your food isn't your concern either. Just eat it, shut up and hope its not a substance that has side effects that can cripple or kill you.

Thats how I read Yee's comment. He wants people with no passion to pass judgment pretty much, skewer the facts only allow uneducated folks to view things through his eyes only.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#18Thermador446Posted 1/28/2013 3:35:41 AM
Children so delusional that they pretend sticks are guns are way worse than gamers
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#19riddlebox89Posted 1/28/2013 3:38:13 AM
king_madden posted...
I wouldnt say violence in games is just as bad as movies and shows. in movies and shows its someone else acting out something.

In games it's an animated character performing the acts, in movies and shows it's a real person.

If you honestly think video games are more visually violent than movies and shows, you're not right in the head.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#20Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/28/2013 4:25:04 AM
Competition as a whole brings out aggressiveness. Even Sports has it's fair share of violence - both physical & verbal. It's just much easier to get away with saying what you really think when behind a monitor, but it doesn't make the hate in other areas of society any less apparent.

People die yearly over Sports, so should we ban all physical contact ones like American Football and Boxing? I mean they're promoting violence by teaching kids that rewards can be given from hurting each other, right?

Don't act like this ignorant political view can be applied to just video games. Violence is everywhere. It's apart of our culture, just like it always has been. You can't stomp it out. This childish vision of "world peace" that people seem to foolishly believe, needs to be erased.

Humans 'need' to prove that they're superior to one-another in some form. Everyone does it, even if it's just subconsciously. It was for this reason that contests/competitions were invented. Aggression goes hand-in-hand with that. People will always find something to kill each other over.

Politicians are just looking for a scapegoat to pin all their problems on as usual. First it was boxing, then it was rock'n'roll, and now it's video games. This is why people generally hate or don't give a damn about Politicians. They're scum who cause controversy to stay relevant like some immature attention whoring schoolchildren. Something always has to be something else's fault in their eyes. They spend more time conjuring up excuses and scapegoats to save face than actually doing useful things that would help better the country. These hypocrites fail to realise that we're the ones who voted for them and pay for their overpriced lifestyles with our taxes. They're parasites.