This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tennis Games....Whats good?

#1h12456208Posted 1/28/2013 1:43:32 AM
I dislike the sport but like playing the games. Im the same way with hockey.

Havent bought a tennis game in years, I think since Top Spin 2 on 360. So what is the best tennis game out at the moment??

I saw Grand Slam Tennis 2 by EA Sports for $20. Was debating on it.
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#2butniePosted 1/28/2013 2:13:42 AM
Top Spin is more simulation while Virtua Tennis is the arcade version.

I played a bit of Top Spin 3 and it was pretty fun. I would assume Top Spin 4 is the newest one out. Try out the demo though.
#3RomanBlade00Posted 1/28/2013 3:25:34 AM
I'd recommend Virtua Tennis 3. It's dirt cheap and does the series justice. The only thing that sucks is that there's no online mode and a couple of key guys like Djokovic and Murray are missing but they weren't that well known when the game was developed so that can be forgiven. Federer and Nadal are here. This game is super fun and can be found for under $10.

Whatever you do don't get Virtua Tennis 4. I put up my copy for sale the first day I opened it. It's nothing like the previous VIrtua Tennis games and I thought it was unplayable. I am blown away how bad it is compared to the other games in the series.

There was also Virtua Tennis 2009 that's supposed to be an update to VIrtua Tennis 3 but I've never played it and kind of hesitant to buy it since it was developed by Sumo Digital and not SEGA. I also hate that the year "2009" is displayed everywhere.

So, definitely get Virtua Tennis 3 and go from there.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#4este914Posted 1/28/2013 7:21:31 AM
Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#5BeknessPosted 1/28/2013 7:23:46 AM
The best tennis game I've ever played is Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis for ps1. It's namco so you can get unlockable characters from Tekken, and Pac-Man and stuff. There's a smash court mode where the ball explodes. But also like, exhibition mode and tournament.
---
All these feelings, they seem so wrong
#6Shadow CloudPosted 1/28/2013 8:13:16 AM
Top Spin 4. It's the NBA 2K of tennis games and is quite in-depth.
#7RomanBlade00Posted 1/28/2013 6:48:45 PM
este914 posted...
Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast

Also Virtua Tennis 2 aka Virtua Tennis 2K2 aka Power Smash 2. Virtua Tennis 1-3 are great and I've been a fan since the first one in the arcade.
---
#8RomanBlade00Posted 1/28/2013 8:14:17 PM
Bekness posted...
The best tennis game I've ever played is Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis for ps1. It's namco so you can get unlockable characters from Tekken, and Pac-Man and stuff. There's a smash court mode where the ball explodes. But also like, exhibition mode and tournament.

The game never came out in North America. From the video that I saw it looks pretty bad.

Mario Tennis is also fun but Virtua Tennis 1-3 are way better I think.

Ok, topic creator, which tennis games have you decided on?
---
#9BeknessPosted 1/28/2013 8:16:18 PM
TC didn't say it had to have been released in NA. And it's my favourite tennis game, I don't care if you think it looks bad. You don't understand the magic, you weren't there.
---
All these feelings, they seem so wrong
#10RomanBlade00Posted 1/28/2013 8:18:28 PM
Bekness posted...
TC didn't say it had to have been released in NA. And it's my favourite tennis game, I don't care if you think it looks bad. You don't understand the magic, you weren't there.

Well, the last part got to me. You're right, I wasn't there. However, you weren't there for Virtua Tennis in the arcade! I was there! *cries* Why can't I go back in time to when I was 13?!
---