This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS+ question........

#1twiztidfreak6t9Posted 1/28/2013 7:44:39 AM
So, I had just recently bought a 3 month card, and was just wondering......If lets say for just one day after the 3 months I don't have PS+, but buy it the next day, will I still be able to still play the copies of the free games for being a member that I've previously downloaded, or are those no longer the full games permanently?
---
Indeed
#2djrudenPosted 1/28/2013 7:46:45 AM
yes you can play those games whenever you resub.

If you want to play the games offline you will need to play them at least once online after resubbing to refresh the expiration date. They will always work while you are online.

I know this from experience. I had a year and let it expire for a few months before resubbing. Any games on your PSP will have to be redownloaded but you can do that from dl history, even if they are no longer free you can re-dl for free.
#3twiztidfreak6t9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:49:19 AM
djruden posted...

If you want to play the games offline you will need to play them at least once online after resubbing to refresh the expiration date. They will always work while you are online.

I know this from experience. I had a year and let it expire for a few months before resubbing. Any games on your PSP will have to be redownloaded but you can do that from dl history, even if they are no longer free you can re-dl for free.

Thanks!Good to hear I didn't wast my time downloading over 50GB worth of games I'd eventually can't play just for not being subbed for a few days or so lol
---
Indeed
#4djrudenPosted 1/28/2013 7:52:22 AM
twiztidfreak6t9 posted...
djruden posted...

Thanks!Good to hear I didn't wast my time downloading over 50GB worth of games I'd eventually can't play just for not being subbed for a few days or so lol

I hear ya, I had so many great games on my HDD after 1 year that it was almost a no-brainer to resub and get access to them again. Now my issue is becoming - what do I get rid of to free up space for more new stuff?
#5gldooriiPosted 1/28/2013 8:00:12 AM
Sadly, my experience was different when I didn't re-subscribe right away. I waited two weeks before re-subscribing to PS+ and all of the previous games did not work for me. I tried different methods of getting them to play, but they no longer worked. I contacted Sony support and they told me that the free games would only work with the current subscription period and once that was over, even if I subscribed later on, those previous games were tied to that subscription period and they would not be available for free anymore for me.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#6djrudenPosted 1/28/2013 8:07:14 AM
gldoorii posted...
Sadly, my experience was different when I didn't re-subscribe right away. I waited two weeks before re-subscribing to PS+ and all of the previous games did not work for me. I tried different methods of getting them to play, but they no longer worked. I contacted Sony support and they told me that the free games would only work with the current subscription period and once that was over, even if I subscribed later on, those previous games were tied to that subscription period and they would not be available for free anymore for me.

Ae you somwhere other than US? I let mine lapse for literally months and all my stuff worked ok. Only time I had issues was when my internet was spotty and it wouldn't let me play games I hadnt played since resubbing, but I figured out that if I just play them while online it refreshes the info and then they worked while offline after that.
#7king_ericPosted 1/28/2013 8:13:26 AM
gldoorii posted...

what?

i subscribed this month and everything i downloaded in free 30day trails all allowed me to either redownload or play gain and we are talking nearly 2 year old stuff i downloaded the 1st time round.

everything you spent money on with ps+ discount is always yours to keep,as are themes and avatars.

anything game related downloaded while a subscriber for free will always be there to play as long as you remain a subscriber......even if sometime has past before resubscribing.
anybody who says different are liars unless sony changed the terms and conditions.(which they haven't)