This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs become site for actual smart decisions/opinion trades yay or nay?

#1yahya_no_1Posted 1/28/2013 9:00:06 AM
in a perfect world I say or 20 years down the road at least........maybe
---
PSN:yahyano1
#2JohnHitman47Posted 1/28/2013 9:02:17 AM
Nay.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#3theshovellerPosted 1/28/2013 9:22:14 AM
Nay. It's the internet, and while it would be good to have a place for actual honest discussion of gaming here, it's also "the world stage," and as such, people will purposely seek attention, both positive and negative. Then, you'll have people who have what I call "Don Quixote-itis" and feel they must "put those people in their place." That, in turn, spreads more of the actions done in the first place, and that spreads the counter-action, and so on and so forth until you get a hive of scum and villainy.

So, while it's a nice sentiment, the whole "human" factor kills it on the drawing table. With heavy modding, it'd be possible - you know, put the fires out before they start - but whenever I suggest that, people liken it to being "despotic" and "a tyrant." I liken it to "why can't people present an opinion that doesn't insult people who disagree with it," but whatever.
#4este914Posted 1/28/2013 9:23:22 AM
There are some civil boards on here.... however, most of the time this PS3 board is not one of them.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#5GradyHooverPosted 1/28/2013 9:24:40 AM
The Internet will continue to be terrible when it comes to 99% of message boards, so no.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#6nihilist212Posted 1/28/2013 9:32:50 AM
While I use this site to get good opinions and reviews, I'd say no. Most of the site is still mindless banter.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#7true_gamer80Posted 1/28/2013 9:35:15 AM

haha...is it backwards day at GF or something, you mean a place for pushing opinions down others throats, cry babies and whiners and endless childish fighting...if that qualifies as smart decisions/opinions thn I guess this place has it in spades....
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#8VIIVincentPosted 1/28/2013 9:52:25 AM
true_gamer80 posted...

haha...is it backwards day at GF or something, you mean a place for pushing opinions down others throats, cry babies and whiners and endless childish fighting...if that qualifies as smart decisions/opinions thn I guess this place has it in spades....

that can be said of every forum. no one is safe on the interwebz. however, gfaqs is much cleaner without all that pretty color and banners in everyone's sig.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#9glory of power metalPosted 1/28/2013 9:56:36 AM
You can find good message boards out there, even some of the special interest ones on this site. The general interest ones like this one are only really good for how active they are. In the PS3 board's defense, it's definitely not the worst board on GameFaqs.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#10work_a_holicPosted 1/28/2013 9:58:49 AM
Does such a place exist?