This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs become site for actual smart decisions/opinion trades yay or nay?

#11true_gamer80Posted 1/28/2013 10:06:22 AM(edited)
VIIVincent posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
Gamefaqs become site for actual smart decisions/opinion trades yay or nay?

haha...is it backwards day at GF or something, you mean a place for pushing opinions down others throats, cry babies and whiners and endless childish fighting...if that qualifies as smart decisions/opinions thn I guess this place has it in spades....

that can be said of every forum. no one is safe on the interwebz. however, gfaqs is much cleaner without all that pretty color and banners in everyone's sig.

ar you jk lol, while I agree most sites have issues. there are sites with some issues then there is GF lol, its become the laughing stock of every gaming site around the net...literally. Go to any other gaming forum, mention GF and count at all the laughs, eye rolls and "oh gods" ou get from ppl. Most sites also actually have mods that you know...do what they are suppose too instead of letting a gaming forum turn into nothing more thn a childish playground filled with nonsense, hate and endless fighting....literally, its pathetic, oone only has to scan the topics and posts at any given time to see this firsthand.

Gaming has taken a backseat to fighting...fighting...fighting over irrelevant crap every single day, contradiction after contradicton, pure hate and negativity spewed daily or lets not forget the endless amount of trolls who do nothing but attempt high post counts with again everyday nonsense. I wont even go into how the majoirty here **** on any and everything before even playing it...that is of course unless its hyped up the ass.

I stand by what I said....this place is a complete jk, I spit my morning coffee out when I read the topic title lol...seriously, scan all the nonsense and I mean all of it as in the topics and posts, then read this topcs title...lol....couldnt be funnier lol, I mean the average opinion on here or response is usually based on ignorant hate not experience lol....
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#12badboyPosted 1/28/2013 10:11:36 AM(edited)
I don't think it's a good place to trade opinions, because it's full of fanboys who can't take criticism of the games they like.
#13Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/28/2013 10:12:28 AM
The path to that ideal world would inevitably be drenched in blood. Not that it would bother me.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#14RafedxPosted 1/28/2013 10:12:30 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
in a perfect world I say or 20 years down the road at least........maybe

If in the future they get rid of Anonymity then yeah I could see that happening. People finally being accountable for what they say would change things. Right now people go around spewing hate speech, misogynistic remarks, racial slurs, etc. If they forced the person who said it to have their identity revealed then this in most cases would not happen as much.

Same goes with opinions and how so many people around here say "Your opinion sucks and mine is the only right one." if they linked all forums to one profile you could easily see that you were arguing with some 12 year old.

People would be less harsh with spelling mistakes and such as they would see "Oh the dude with horrible spelling is actually a kid from a Country that does not have English as their first language."

It would open up the world and force people to act like how they do in real life. You wouldn't run up to someone and tell them their opinions are wrong in real life, so why the hell should you do it on the internet?

I have nothing to hide, I rarely get into arguments over the internet and I am not doing anything to be worried about, so anonymity doesn't mean anything to me. It's the people whoa re doing things they would be shunned for in real life that are worried about having their anonymity taken away.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#15EroyumePosted 1/28/2013 10:57:32 AM
GFAQs has its problems like every other forum, and those problems are more prevalent because it's the most populated. During peak hours, there's over 9,000 concurrent users, so you have to expect a lot of idiots.

You learn to weed out the crap and focus on the good. Much of what I know I owe to this site.
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume