This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most overrated RPG?

#51LaventorPosted 1/28/2013 3:27:36 PM(edited)
Thamauturge posted...
I can't believe some FF fans bash FFXIII and then give FFX a standing ovation.

I actually like both so I don't agree with your opinion on FF X, but tastes differ eh? But this very much. Final Fantasy X was a very linear game. It's what people's main issue was with XIII, yet they'll praise X and hate upon XIII? Or even call XIII overrated? What.

Same goes for VIII though, it stands in the shadow of VII as direct numbered followup in the series, and gets crushed time and time again being compared to VII as a result. If VIII is overrated, then what on earth is VII?

Aside of that are the VI & VII 'debates'. Since that can go on for so long that can only mean that either
A) They are both overrated as hell.
B) They are both awesome games.
C) Both, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as people enjoy them.

I'm going to say Mass Effect though. Let's be honest, while it has RPG *elements* that does not make it an RPG. It's not an RPG, therefore being classed by people as an RPG it is overrated. *equips flameshield*
#52il_capitanoPosted 1/28/2013 3:28:28 PM
FF7 easy.
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#53blankempathyPosted 1/28/2013 4:10:45 PM
Laventor posted...
Thamauturge posted...
I can't believe some FF fans bash FFXIII and then give FFX a standing ovation.

I actually like both so I don't agree with your opinion on FF X, but tastes differ eh? But this very much. Final Fantasy X was a very linear game. It's what people's main issue was with XIII, yet they'll praise X and hate upon XIII? Or even call XIII overrated? What.

Same goes for VIII though, it stands in the shadow of VII as direct numbered followup in the series, and gets crushed time and time again being compared to VII as a result. If VIII is overrated, then what on earth is VII?

Aside of that are the VI & VII 'debates'. Since that can go on for so long that can only mean that either
A) They are both overrated as hell.
B) They are both awesome games.
C) Both, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as people enjoy them.

I'm going to say Mass Effect though. Let's be honest, while it has RPG *elements* that does not make it an RPG. It's not an RPG, therefore being classed by people as an RPG it is overrated. *equips flameshield*

The first one was an rpg though. As much of an rpg as any other action rpg. I havent played the second one yet but from what I hear they essentially stripped the rpg elements out.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#54LifeOfSynPosted 1/28/2013 7:10:11 PM
Final Fantasy VII.

Admittedly, I didn't play it until around 2008 but I couldn't see a single good thing about it. Story is a shambles.
---
Inhale: My Games Blog - http://inhaletheplague.blogspot.co.uk/