This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS All Stars worth it without online pass?

#11superhero94Posted 1/28/2013 11:24:11 PM
wstfld posted...
No fighting or sports game is worth it without an online pass. Who the hell is playing single player?

Me...
#12SCCAN85Posted 1/28/2013 11:28:42 PM
if you have people to play with then I say yes, but even the single player is a bit fun if you like this style of fighting game. It'd be better w/ the online pass but you could always buy it, but at that point it'd probably be better to get it new
---
PSN: Canqb5
Currently Playing:SSF4, DJ Hero, GTA4, WKC, Buzz Quiz World & a bunch more
#13_tanjil_Posted 1/28/2013 11:46:11 PM
$30 used? well its $40 new, is saving $10 really worth is? Having online available is always better than not.

When getting used games I only bother getting $60 games if I'm saving $20-30, and $40 games if I'm saving $15-$20
#14Jon_GodPosted 1/29/2013 12:07:05 AM
Amazing party game.

I pretty much only play it local. But I have lots of local friends, so it works.

If you don't have many people to play it locally with... Well, it's light any other fighting game.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#15KDogg1800Posted 1/29/2013 1:14:05 AM
If you can't at least local multi all the time then forget it. I like the game but the single player is dull.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#16BurgerTime79Posted 1/29/2013 1:34:46 AM
wstfld posted...
No fighting or sports game is worth it without an online pass. Who the hell is playing single player?

Opinion.

I haven't played a single fighting game online.

People played fighting games offline for years. Many times with someone else actually in the room with them. There were even dedicated machines with no internet connection that housed one fighting game per machine, and people would gather around them to play. Sadly, with the dawn of online communities, this knowledge seems to be slowly forgotten, and people just get used to how things are now.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#17jameswintertonPosted 1/29/2013 1:38:02 AM
For single player I probably spent about 10 hours

for local multiplayer we've done at least 60. It's a great party game, but not good on your own.

It's only 19.99 GBP on the EU store btw
---
psn: jrwinterton
#18h12456208Posted 1/29/2013 1:44:01 AM
BurgerTime79 posted...
wstfld posted...

Opinion.

I haven't played a single fighting game online.

People played fighting games offline for years. Many times with someone else actually in the room with them. There were even dedicated machines with no internet connection that housed one fighting game per machine, and people would gather around them to play. Sadly, with the dawn of online communities, this knowledge seems to be slowly forgotten, and people just get used to how things are now.

Plus if the person sitting next to you is glitching you can at least beat them into tears where if you are playing online that option is not available.
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#19PHEEliNUXPosted 1/29/2013 3:35:45 AM
If you have someone else you know IRL to play with, Also they sell Online Passes in PS Store
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#20SetzeraPosted 1/29/2013 7:09:25 AM
superhero94 posted...
wstfld posted...

Me...