This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony stock is on Fire, China to lift video game ban, MS could be in deep water

#1velvet_hammerPosted 1/28/2013 5:24:18 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/sony-nintendo-stock-rises-china-may-lift-ban-video-game-consoles-1042730

I bought Sony stock last month for 10.25 a share. Made a thread people laughed.. Shares are at 15.12.. I didnt expect over 15 till 2014.. China lifting ban would boost sony and nintendo so much and MS is doomed in these regions.. Could be deep water only banking on US market for MS.

These coming 2 years are going to be nuts for the industry
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#2jameswintertonPosted 1/28/2013 5:27:34 PM
I dont think the China thing will make a difference.

There are more video game stores in Shanghai than London, and every major city that I've visited stocks them.

Xbox doesn't do so well here because it is just pirated to high flip, but PS3 sells alright. Games are imported from HK (which is why I'm still waiting for Nino Kuni)
---
psn: jrwinterton
#3zerooo0Posted 1/28/2013 5:30:29 PM
No MS is not gonna be in "deep water" MS is not in massive debt like Sony is. While this will be good for Sony, but it wont kill off MS like you, and a lot of the other trolls here would like.

MS is doing strong right now, so it would have to take a poor console generation to hurt them. Like Sony and the PS3.
---
Businesses only care about the money
#4UniversquallPosted 1/28/2013 5:32:12 PM
Deep water? No. Continuing to have the slowest selling console of this gen won't do much to them.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#5velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:32:39 PM
zerooo0 posted...
No MS is not gonna be in "deep water" MS is not in massive debt like Sony is. While this will be good for Sony, but it wont kill off MS like you, and a lot of the other trolls here would like.

MS is doing strong right now, so it would have to take a poor console generation to hurt them. Like Sony and the PS3.

You dont know how I think, please stop your worthless attempts at assumptions..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#6ZombiDeadZombiPosted 1/28/2013 5:34:24 PM
jameswinterton posted...
I dont think the China thing will make a difference.

There are more video game stores in Shanghai than London, and every major city that I've visited stocks them.

Xbox doesn't do so well here because it is just pirated to high flip, but PS3 sells alright. Games are imported from HK (which is why I'm still waiting for Nino Kuni)

I think it would make a difference.

No longer would the VG sector have to operate in the grey market,and no longer would people have to deal with whatever price that illegal vendor has set.
#7zerooo0Posted 1/28/2013 5:36:11 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
zerooo0 posted...

You dont know how I think, please stop your worthless attempts at assumptions..

I don't have to make assumptions. I make predictions, about my assumptions about my predictions that can be more or less my assumptions that can be totally about my predictions.
---
Businesses only care about the money
#8FungumPosted 1/28/2013 5:36:18 PM
Universquall posted...
Deep water? No. Continuing to have the slowest selling console of this gen won't do much to them.

Love how when it comes to Sony, non-official reports and "shipped" consoles = "sold" consoles. No other company has ever said "l0l guise we shipped nintey eighty billion items but only sold 12 but we shipped that many! so its good guise!"
#9UniversquallPosted 1/28/2013 5:38:07 PM
No need to get upset again. Maybe things will go better for you next gen.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#10monkeypahngPosted 1/28/2013 5:39:11 PM
Are you talking about Microsoft as in the XBOX part of it, or are you talking about Microsoft as a whole?
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang