This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony stock is on Fire, China to lift video game ban, MS could be in deep water

#31UniversquallPosted 1/28/2013 6:15:25 PM
60 million people. lol
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#32coolsurfer800Posted 1/28/2013 6:23:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33zerooo0Posted 1/28/2013 6:23:57 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
"More ignorant claims from this board. Lol no just no. MS is making money from Windows 8, and 7(7 is probably slowing down), and their Tablets are giving them a nice profit also.(Not as much as their console) Also MS gets paid for the ads they have on the dashboard which no telling what they could cost to keep up on their. Also MS online service is good enough to warrant the pay. Also $60 isn't a lot of money. Especially when it comes to Sony doing online maintenance every once an a while which MS doesn't do all to often. Also you can find MS XBL cards for much cheaper than $60 a year. Which is the own consumer fault for not looking."

I'd love to see where you got this info that they're making money from Windows 8.

Same with the tablets.

"MS online is good enough to warrant the pay" and "60 isn't a lot of money" combined with "you can find XBL card for much cheaper"

Yeah, same argument that is always brough forth on that, if it's so worth the money and what not, why is it I constantly hear people talking about how to get them cheaper? Clearly it ISN'T worth 60 dollars if so many of you are trying to get the cards for cheaper or free and what not!

The very fact you are trying to get it for cheaper means you really don't think it's worth it.

Also, XBL just had maintenance done about 10 days ago, and their twitter feed and the comments don't exactly help support your argument on that either - https://twitter.com/xboxlivestatus

So yeah, keep up with the reassurance.

Lol what reassurance? I'm just stating facts, and some subjectiveness. The reason why I included some can find it cheaper is that people are obviously gonna be looking for deals on anything. People even look for deals of PS+. Also I've never been affected by these MS maintenance's. Also I buy it $60 a year since that's not a lot of money for me, and when it runs out I don't have to worry since no games comes out in the period I run out. So again $60 is not a lot of money.

Here's where I got the info
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/146810-microsoft-reports-record-revenue-thanks-to-windows-8-but-is-still-dwarfed-by-apples-hardware-hegemony

Also MS clearly makes money off of Windows 8 since it's one of the flagships of the 2 main os's available besides Apple, or MS.

So again have fun being a fanboy while I enjoy both of my systems.
---
Businesses only care about the money
#34RyuuHou25Posted 1/28/2013 6:36:11 PM
zeroooO-

So, you went from "They only do maintenance once in awhile" to "I've never been affected by them"......right.

No, people really don't look for deals on PS Plus, people either love it, hate it, or try and get free trials to have it. I don't see mass amounts of Plus cards on websites, or people constantly talking about "Yeah, you can get them for 40, 30, 20 dollars here, here or here" like I always do from the Xbox crowds.

So your logic on it makes money is its one of their flagship OSs? Really?

Furthermore, your article that you linked to does not give the impression that Windows 8 is doing well at all or is making them much money as you claimed, more likely is that it is Windows 7 being more widely adopted that is the cause. Not to mention, you claim their tablets are doing well, when MS themselves refuses to acknowledge if they are at all. You're taking a lot of assumptions from condensed information, so yeah, you're definitely giving off the reassurance vibe there guy.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#35kcypher2000Posted 1/28/2013 6:36:13 PM
coolsurfer800 posted...
I have no idea why people let Microsoft rape them with their xbox live fees. PS3 online is free. Nintendo online is free. PC online is free (and Steam is a million times better). Yet people gladly open their wallets for Microsoft. It just baffles me.

You get what you pay for. No hackers smooth service and fast downloads. May e if sony chaged psn wouldnt suck so bad. It baffles me how ignorant some people are. Besides if you are smart youd get it when its on sale.
#36zerooo0Posted 1/28/2013 6:39:15 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
zeroooO-

So, you went from "They only do maintenance once in awhile" to "I've never been affected by them"......right.

No, people really don't look for deals on PS Plus, people either love it, hate it, or try and get free trials to have it. I don't see mass amounts of Plus cards on websites, or people constantly talking about "Yeah, you can get them for 40, 30, 20 dollars here, here or here" like I always do from the Xbox crowds.

Furthermore, your article that you linked to does not give the impression that Windows 8 is doing well at all or is making them much money as you claimed, more likely is that it is Windows 7 being more widely adopted that is the cause. Not to mention, you claim their tablets are doing well, when MS themselves refuses to acknowledge if they are at all. You're taking a lot of assumptions from condensed information, so yeah, you're definitely giving off the reassurance vibe there guy.

Obviously you're a MS hater so I'm done here with you. I've been posting facts/Subjective. While I admit that I could't find the IGN article through Google that said they where making a profit I had to opt out for the first link I saw.

But, you're a troll whose using very subjective logic. So I'm gonna go back to either enjoying my PS3, and/or my Xbox.
---
Businesses only care about the money
#37RyuuHou25Posted 1/28/2013 6:39:55 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
coolsurfer800 posted...
I have no idea why people let Microsoft rape them with their xbox live fees. PS3 online is free. Nintendo online is free. PC online is free (and Steam is a million times better). Yet people gladly open their wallets for Microsoft. It just baffles me.

You get what you pay for. No hackers smooth service and fast downloads. May e if sony chaged psn wouldnt suck so bad. It baffles me how ignorant some people are. Besides if you are smart youd get it when its on sale.

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-live-hacking-is-a-very-real-problem-219646.phtml
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-06-a-january-account-of-xbox-live-hacking-and-fraud
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/xbox-live-hacked-accounts-stolen/131
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/Xbox/8906043/Xbox-Live-customers-hacked-in-fresh-cyber-fraud-case.html
http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/06/new-cases-of-xbox-live-account-hacking-come-to-light/

I'm sorry, you were blathering what now about no hackers?
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#38SomnusNemorisPosted 1/28/2013 6:40:40 PM
LOL Kcypher got absolutely DEMOLISHED! Utterly MANGLED!
#39UniversquallPosted 1/28/2013 6:41:12 PM
coolsurfer800 posted...

They mostly don't. A majority knows it isn't worth it.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#40RyuuHou25Posted 1/28/2013 6:41:51 PM
zerooo0 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
zeroooO-

Obviously you're a MS hater so I'm done here with you. I've been posting facts/Subjective. While I admit that I could't find the IGN article through Google that said they where making a profit I had to opt out for the first link I saw.

But, you're a troll whose using very subjective logic. So I'm gonna go back to either enjoying my PS3, and/or my Xbox.

No no no, I'm only doing what YOU yourself said YOU were doing there buddy boy. Apparently you can't take what you can dish out?

Seems like when you get called on things using facts yourself, you just stop trying and call people trolls *slow clap for you*
---