This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

with DmC bombing the world over

#1SophisticationPosted 1/28/2013 8:50:09 PM(edited)
I don't see capcom admitting to their mistake of having Ninja Theory take the wheel. Instead I see them using the tanked sales as a crutch to tell fans that nobody wanted or is interested in the character and ip anymore. They will never admit to new dante being a ham choke... ever.

Kiss DmC g'bye... Capcom lowered projections from 5 million to 2 million life time now to boot. That isn't confidence. That's paranoia to investors and backers. Look for a sale to come any week. More over, Ninja Theory is gone... they are finished. You can't burn thru 5 publishers in a little over 7 years and be held reputable or reliable...

They are a small developer with zero profit from any of their 5 games. They are burnt toast... Factor 5 was twice as big and sunk after only 1 flop.

The industry is in dire straits...

P.S. the only way Capcom could continue the series is if they came out with DMC 5 and old Dante slaughters new Dante in epic fashion at the start of the game... maybe he even urinates on him to boot.

Thoughts and suggestions on my luxurious to topic are welcome.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#2TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/28/2013 8:53:17 PM
Ninja Theory is a great developer. The problem is trying to alter an existing franchise. Capcom's internal studios would be just as hated for this move. As I've said in another topic, DMC peaked with 3, and there's only so much you can do with the series. I think it needed a reboot, but not so soon after 4. If they'd saved it for a PS4 launch game, it would have sold better due to a lack of options, and people would be more likely to accept it.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#3zyrax2301Posted 1/28/2013 8:54:09 PM
Ninja Theory aren't really that great.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4nekrothingPosted 1/28/2013 8:56:26 PM
They wouldn't have had to reboot DMC in the first place if it wasn't already dying. Like it or not, the DMC franchise went downhill before the reboot was even announced.
#5Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:01:31 PM(edited)
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Ninja Theory is a great developer. The problem is trying to alter an existing franchise. Capcom's internal studios would be just as hated for this move. As I've said in another topic, DMC peaked with 3, and there's only so much you can do with the series. I think it needed a reboot, but not so soon after 4. If they'd saved it for a PS4 launch game, it would have sold better due to a lack of options, and people would be more likely to accept it.

I agree with everything you said... except the part when you said Ninja Theory being a great developer. But everything else, yup, spot on.
---
It takes a true sophistocrat, like myself, to bring about total change to gamefaqs--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
#6Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 8:57:30 PM
nekrothing posted...
They wouldn't have had to reboot DMC in the first place if it wasn't already dying. Like it or not, the DMC franchise went downhill before the reboot was even announced.

Very true as well... just bad choices.
---
#7Dryheave999Posted 1/28/2013 9:00:29 PM
Thoughts: The obsession over Old Dante Vs. New Dante is the weirdest, most pathetic gaming argument this generation, maybe ever.

Suggestions: Work on your grammar. Sophisticated people don't **** up the English language
---
"on than this day are or said to add content a great pain, but is other then in play" - englishman88
#8zyrax2301Posted 1/28/2013 9:02:26 PM
nekrothing posted...

Correct, removing Dante from the spotlight was stupid. Not realising that mistake afterward, and deciding to recreate him in a reboot instead of returning him to his rightful place in DMC5, was an even worse mistake.

Dante was the reason I liked DMC1-3. Who gives a s*** about Nero anyway.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#9sephiroth068Posted 1/28/2013 9:06:26 PM
^I do...I thought Nero was an interesting enough character due to his rather obvious (even if unexplained or explained poorly) relationship to Vergil
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#10bigdeezPosted 1/28/2013 9:12:57 PM
sig
---
DmC is better then DMC