This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Games Suck Now a Days Or Am I just Older

#1Jwilliams8102Posted 1/28/2013 8:26:50 PM
So its been probably a year maybe two since I even had a PS3 and I was just thinking is it just me or are games horrible now a days. When I bought my PS3 their wasn't any real titles that I wanted. The ones that I did didn't hold my interest at all except for a few but seriously.

2-3 games that legit hold my interest vs the entire library of 500+ games?

I know the 2-3 that did interest me I got a couple hundred hours out of.

Anyone agree/disagree what are your thoughts?
---
NFL Team- Jets NBA Team-Lakers
#81 Dustin Keller #24 Kobe Bryant
#2nintendogamer13Posted 1/28/2013 8:31:26 PM
they suck, games were better then, its not just you.
---
Now playing: FFVII, Persona 3FES, Torchlight 2, witcher 2
#3jbl8199Posted 1/28/2013 8:33:06 PM
Yeah, they just suck compared to what they used to be. All the self-entitled whiny babies ruin everything.
#4BOMB654Posted 1/28/2013 8:36:07 PM(edited)
I think its just because your Older. I used to Looove games back k when I was a kid and during my teens, but I'm 23 now and I find that they just don't hold my interest like they did when I was younger. I don't think the games have got worse or anything, but that my mind has matured, so they don't hold the same interest for me as they used to.
#5justchill433Posted 1/28/2013 8:39:34 PM
You're just growing older/you're narrow-minded. There's 20+ amazing games coming out this year and I see people saying there's nothing coming. I'm looking forward to Sly 4 (Platformer), Bioshock Infinite (FPS), Tomb Raider (TPS/Survival), Ni No Kuni (JRPG), GTA5 (Sandbox), MGR (Action), Last of Us (TPS/Survival), Soul Sacrifice (Monster Hunter - esque), Bravely Default (JRPG), South Park (WRPG), Castlevania 2 (Action Platformer), etc...

Point is that there's a lot to love there. If you don't see anything you like then either you are limiting yourself to a single genre (narrow-minded), or you have bad taste (most likely from growing older).
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#6zero8691Posted 1/28/2013 8:39:37 PM
Jwilliams8102 posted...
So its been probably a year maybe two since I even had a PS3 and I was just thinking is it just me or are games horrible now a days. When I bought my PS3 their wasn't any real titles that I wanted. The ones that I did didn't hold my interest at all except for a few but seriously.

2-3 games that legit hold my interest vs the entire library of 500+ games?

I know the 2-3 that did interest me I got a couple hundred hours out of.

Anyone agree/disagree what are your thoughts?

It's just you. Games are way better now than the Nintendo 64, Nes, Sega days. Maybe you're just getting older and miss the old games, Like rocket Knight, sonic 1 - 3, Super mario etc. Maybe You should try retro gaming :O!
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#7SuperShadowAcePosted 1/28/2013 8:40:59 PM
It's due to publishers rushing games out, no easter eggs allowed and all the DLC. That's why the magic is gone.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#8ninjakrakenPosted 1/28/2013 8:42:31 PM(edited)
Games have changed in many ways, and while some do suck it's ludicrous to say they all do. When I first got my ps3 I felt that it was lacking. But then I started to really like gaming again because I started playing games I would have never considered before, different genres etc. I used to play mostly action/adventure, survival horror and platformers, but they are rather lacking this gen so I've tried RPGs, racing, fighting, puzzle, strategy, shooters, action games, sandbox and have found there's quite good stuff out there.

Also it helps if you finally have money to spend on games, I've gone a little crazy this gen.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#9matty549Posted 1/28/2013 8:42:34 PM
Probably a bit of both. I have definitely felt like gaming has "sucked" for a good while now. On a more positive note, I'm saving money.
#10hockeybub89Posted 1/28/2013 8:43:25 PM(edited)
I'd say no to both parts of your topic title, TC because I am the exact opposite. I think games are the best they have been and wish that the quality of the last 5 years had been here for the last 20 years.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica