This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Games Suck Now a Days Or Am I just Older

#11crazyman32Posted 1/28/2013 9:44:45 PM
I don't agree TC.I think games are better now and I don't get stuck in the past like some people do on here and other game sites.I owned a Nintendo,Super Nes,Genesis,Turbografx,PS1,PS2 and a Gamecube as well.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#12KaliestoPosted 1/28/2013 9:44:53 PM
Your growing older like me. The magic has just faded with us in time. The last game that had me hooked was Mass Effect because of the characters.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#13Erupt50Posted 1/28/2013 9:50:35 PM
Jwilliams8102 posted...
So its been probably a year maybe two since I even had a PS3 and I was just thinking is it just me or are games horrible now a days. When I bought my PS3 their wasn't any real titles that I wanted. The ones that I did didn't hold my interest at all except for a few but seriously.

2-3 games that legit hold my interest vs the entire library of 500+ games?

I know the 2-3 that did interest me I got a couple hundred hours out of.

Anyone agree/disagree what are your thoughts?

It's definately you. Games are better than they've ever been.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#14agrissaPosted 1/28/2013 11:44:31 PM
It's really both. Games suck nowadays and even if they don't you'd still get bored of them quicker bcz of your age..
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#15Aarosmashguy27Posted 1/28/2013 11:52:35 PM
You are more critical of games when you are older. When you're a kid you'll give any game a chance. I think it's because you are older because there have certainly been some great games this Gen.
#16angry_cowtipperPosted 1/28/2013 11:54:10 PM
I dunno, I think the opposite... aside from a few gems, before the era of widespread online word of mouth, old games were for the most part, pretty bad. Especially in the eight and sixteen bit eras. PS1 and N64 have some classics too, but for the most part, I think that era was crap too. I absolutely think we have it better now, not just it graphics. A "stinker" these days, like Resident Evil 6, would probably still warrant at least a 6/10.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#17Xenesis XenonPosted 1/28/2013 11:56:08 PM
I think you're probably just getting older.

I was in a bit of a fugue for a few years where I hated just about everything that came out. Kinda got beyond that and just enjoyed games for what they were again and it was pretty good.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#18lambchipsPosted 1/28/2013 11:57:06 PM
games this gen is pretty much the same thing... those that like this gen of games are better off with a pc because not only are the games similar but pc has so many more exclusives

i enjoy snes-ps2 games more than games this gen
^ and these are games i've never played before
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#19matty549Posted 1/29/2013 12:00:46 AM
If you've been gaming for a while, you predictably loved at least a few of these companies at one point:

You probably liked Nintendo, Sega, Konami, Capcom, Rareware, or Squaresoft.

Nintendo: Sort of still has it.

Sega: I still love them, but they've turned off a lot of fans with some bad sonic games.

Capcom: Not even close to what they once were. They've gotten horribly greedy.

Konami: Outsources almost everything. Comfortable letting other companies make mediocre entries in their valuable franchises.

Square Enix: You either love them still, or you don't. Either way, you can't deny that they have alienated many of their fans (me included).

Rare: A once incredible adventure game developer... has absolutely no brand name anymore, and has basically stopped making games.
#20manjiPosted 1/29/2013 12:03:23 AM
i think its ok to like only a few games. that means you put more time into games you really like and get to know everything about them.