This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Games Suck Now a Days Or Am I just Older

#21Jon_GodPosted 1/29/2013 12:04:13 AM
Lately? Yes.

This Generation? No.

We're in a lul of games, as companies are waiting to see what happens with the next generation.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#22DefYouthPosted 1/29/2013 12:05:31 AM
Sucky games are nothing new.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#23Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 1/29/2013 12:13:13 AM
I think that the older you get the more games you've played and the more new stuff starts to look the same as the old stuff you've already seen before.
#24manjiPosted 1/29/2013 12:16:37 AM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
I think that the older you get the more games you've played and the more new stuff starts to look the same as the old stuff you've already seen before.

and not just because it looks like it, but it usually is the same old stuff.
#25enigma2274Posted 1/29/2013 12:18:24 AM
I've been playing since the Atari 2600 was new and games get better and better.
---
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni
#26Evil_GogetaPosted 1/29/2013 12:24:02 AM(edited)
Gaming`s been going downhill since the invention of game forums on the net.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#27dj___rollPosted 1/29/2013 12:27:56 AM
Quote:It's due to publishers rushing games out, no easter eggs allowed and all the DLC. That's why the magic is gone.
@SuperShadowAce
I've never played a game for its Easter eggs. I've played it for the gameplay. But whatever floats your boat dude.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#28dj___rollPosted 1/29/2013 12:31:37 AM
Quote:If you've been gaming for a while, you predictably loved at least a few of these companies at one point:

You probably liked Nintendo, Sega, Konami, Capcom, Rareware, or Squaresoft.

Nintendo: Sort of still has it.

Sega: I still love them, but they've turned off a lot of fans with some bad sonic games.

Capcom: Not even close to what they once were. They've gotten horribly greedy.

Konami: Outsources almost everything. Comfortable letting other companies make mediocre entries in their valuable franchises.

Square Enix: You either love them still, or you don't. Either way, you can't deny that they have alienated many of their fans (me included).

Rare: A once incredible adventure game developer... has absolutely no brand name anymore, and has basically stopped making games.

@matty549
I still don't get how Capcom is suddenly more greedy. They've constantly released ports and rehashes of games. Look at the SNES with 3 Street Fighter Games. Each at $70 a pop at release and with little to separate them. This is what Capcom had always done. People just whine about it more now because gaming has become more popular.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#29RomanBlade00Posted 1/29/2013 12:40:42 AM
It just depends on the games you like. I think games this generation are amazing. Finally the graphics could match the gameplay.
---
PSN: romanblade86
#30Thor61Posted 1/29/2013 12:46:12 AM
They're different but if they're better or not just depends on personal taste. Someone might like music from the 70's more than music today and someone might like 90's games more than today's games.