This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please reccomend RPG/Strategy game without Chapter system

#1ExodiverPosted 1/28/2013 9:34:00 PM
oh, and jRPG if you can please...
I don't really dig the chapter system they have on the current gen. it kind of limit the freedom and fun, and we can kind of see how far we are in the game once we know how many chapter that game has. I like the old style RPG like FF on PSX and before, Xenogears, etc.
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
#2joeharamatheoPosted 1/28/2013 9:41:18 PM
dark souls
#3DarkFistsPosted 1/28/2013 9:46:49 PM(edited)
Dark Souls...and anything without trophies really, because while a lot of RPGs might not have a Chapter system, you can check the trophies for story bosses and the like.

I have tons of favorites, but most can easily be split up into parts of chapters...

Edit: You might like Dragon's Dogma as well.
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#4Exodiver(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:51:12 PM
Forgot to mention, maybe more like turn based RPG ish....any suggestion?
oh, and I've played Dragon's Dogma, and loved it, but the pics are too dark on some places and shadows.
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
#5DarkFistsPosted 1/28/2013 9:53:44 PM(edited)
Exodiver posted...
Forgot to mention, maybe more like turn based RPG ish....any suggestion?
oh, and I've played Dragon's Dogma, and loved it, but the pics are too dark on some places and shadows.

Hmm...have you played Atelier games, Neptunia, or Mugen Souls? While they aren't the best games out there, they are pretty fun.

Ni no Kuni is also a good option...it's a pretty solid game
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#6Exodiver(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:42:15 PM
bump
---
#7coydog_30Posted 1/29/2013 7:48:37 PM
Ni no Kuni is great and all, but fairly certain it has a chapter system.
---
Official Horus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
PSN: coydog_30 GT: TyingDarkDragon
#8PHEEliNUXPosted 1/29/2013 7:51:28 PM
I would say Disgaea 4 and other NISA games but they "have" Chapters and Episodes
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#9yoshi006Posted 1/29/2013 8:07:47 PM
Tales of Graces F doesn't have chapters. All the plot-related trophies say "Complete Chapter X" but there's no mention of chapters in-game. It's all one continuous thing.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story.
Good story can never save bad gameplay.
#10Exodiver(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:09:55 PM
oh, too bad ni no kuni have them.....I don't really prefer those kind.
I like the free flowing story like the old FF games. is it because the graphic requirement is too high nowadays that they can't accomodate this kind of style anymore?
---