This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please reccomend RPG/Strategy game without Chapter system

#11yoshi006Posted 1/30/2013 10:19:32 AM
Also, if you have a Wii (U), Xenoblade doesn't have chapters.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story.
Good story can never save bad gameplay.
#12Exodiver(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:48:31 PM
Bump again for more inputs :)

I don't have Wii U, shame for Xenoblade to be Wii exclusive, I heard lots of great things about it...
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
#13AstroshakPosted 1/30/2013 7:13:05 PM
Well, Brutal Legend is more RTS than SRPG, but I don't remember it having chapters. Its also played from a fairly unique perspective (this isn't Warcraft or Command and Conquer!) .. unfortunately, I kinda get the sense you want a game you can basically leave on all day or night and have nothing of any significance happen until you actually pick the controller up again and start to play.

Have you looked at Rainbow Moon?

Other than that, I'd suggest checking the PSN for some PS1 and PS2 "classics" to see if there are any RPG's you've missed.
#14steker16Posted 1/30/2013 7:34:23 PM(edited)
Bump again for more inputs :)

I don't have Wii U, shame for Xenoblade to be Wii exclusive, I heard lots of great things about it...

dolphin emu, game plays perfectly. can even get texture mods for it to look slightly better as well as mods that change the on screen prompts to properly show your ps3 or 360 controller binds.

nothing like playing a Wii game on a PC with a 360 controller
---
nomnomnom