This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 wont go online when Xbox 360 is online

#1DrSeizurePosted 1/28/2013 10:27:47 PM
My fiancee tried to get online on PS3 while i was playing black ops for the Xbox 360 and it wouldn't let her on. Is there anyway we can both go online?
#2DrSeizure(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:42:57 PM
Does anyone have a way to do this? we are both running wireless
#3ThaBasT_MidgaRPosted 1/28/2013 10:46:36 PM
same Ip address... change Ip address from one console or set it manually, google wins.
---
Another Winter
#4brycemorrPosted 1/28/2013 10:47:11 PM
Your 360 is hogging all the badwidth. youll just have to get faster internet.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#5lostkiwiPosted 1/28/2013 11:03:14 PM
ThaBasT_MidgaR posted...
same Ip address... change Ip address from one console or set it manually, google wins.

That would be my guess as well.

Although if your wireless router acts as a DHCP server, I would have thought restarting the console should have been enough, and it should have automatically been given a new (and unused) IP Address.

Otherwise you can go into your wireless settings and configure a fixed IP Address, and make sure you pick a value that won't be used (i.e the last number of aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd should be at least 10 or so higher than the number of wireless devices you have using the network.
---
Check out my investigation into 7th generation exclusives here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#64dfmaEFPosted 1/29/2013 12:47:57 AM
lostkiwi posted...
ThaBasT_MidgaR posted...

That would be my guess as well.

Although if your wireless router acts as a DHCP server, I would have thought restarting the console should have been enough, and it should have automatically been given a new (and unused) IP Address.

Otherwise you can go into your wireless settings and configure a fixed IP Address, and make sure you pick a value that won't be used (i.e the last number of aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd should be at least 10 or so higher than the number of wireless devices you have using the network.

I'm unsure what the exact cause is, it's sounds like a router issue to me.

Anyhow we're talking about different things here. One thing is hide NAT (1 to n), were one public IP address gets translated to several private ones (RFC1918).

The other thing is DHCP: Any usual DHCP server keeps track of what device has what IP even if its dynamic. That's how it avoids handing out duplicates. You can still **** this up by manually setting IPs on your devices and whatnot.

Ideally you'd make a DHCP reservation and configure port forwarding.

Here's some information on how to do so:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/nat-type-strict
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html

Hope that helps.
---
Love sometimes kills and sometimes revives.
I need a revive.
#7DrSeizure(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:13:15 AM
Thank you so much I will try this out right now.
#8ShineboxerPosted 1/29/2013 7:15:12 AM
Your 360 is hogging all the badwidth. youll just have to get faster internet.

Hmmm... don't forget to reset your flux capacitor.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#9killakPosted 1/29/2013 7:21:25 AM
Might be a single port router
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"