This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

China lifts console ban...what sells the most?

#11Chocobo115Posted 1/29/2013 7:03:49 AM
I want it to be PS3, but I think 3DS will win in china as well :/
#12jammiesPosted 1/29/2013 7:21:04 AM
I felt like voting the funniest option, so I chose 360.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#13kingofjamaicaPosted 1/29/2013 7:22:39 AM
Given how much the Chinese hate Japan, I can honestly see people being beaten in the streets for buying a Japanese console.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#14chiefofsb78Posted 1/29/2013 7:37:49 AM
The same console thats been selling the most there already the PS3 and now that they already lifted the ban for PS3 couple months ago being sold openly just means even more sales
#15Raven-Z(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:37:42 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
Given how much the Chinese hate Japan, I can honestly see people being beaten in the streets for buying a Japanese console.

That rules out everything but the westernised 360.

Honestly, do you see them buying American products over Japanese ones?
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#16Pawkie07Posted 1/29/2013 8:56:43 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
thesnoopmeister posted...
SmoshCuch posted...
A cheap knockoff that plays cheap knockoff games.
#17CassyChanPosted 1/29/2013 9:09:52 AM(edited)
Wii or 360 I'd guess. A lot of hardcore players will stick to PC MMOs and games like CS though of course, but the Wii systems will are cheap (at least the Wii is compared to the other current gen systems) and as most console games sold in Asia are in full Japanese anyway with just a Chinese/English slip included in the manual for quick reference (excluding Asia releases that are actually just the repackaged English localisations/original releases) I think games aimed at all age ranges (including children, ie Miyamoto franchises, with simple/next to no text) would have even more appeal.

Whatever's easiest to pirate on will probably have an edge in the hardware sales though, I've heard 360's easiest to pirate with but vast majority of its library is solely in English too (360 is a failure in Japan). I don't think PS3 would have as much of a chance in China tbh though.

Consoles are already easily and pretty cheaply available in China anyway, a friend of mine in Guangzhou bought two flashed 360s recently (he left the first in a taxi immediately after buying it, lol).
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni
Games I play: http://psnprofiles.com/cassychan
#18flintzPosted 1/29/2013 8:58:09 AM
well they can read japanese better than english...
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#19FungumPosted 1/29/2013 8:58:50 AM
Raven-Z posted...
kingofjamaica posted...

That rules out everything but the westernised 360.

Honestly, do you see them buying American products over Japanese ones?

You don't understand the level of hate between the two Countries. :s

It's probably not going to be the PS3 or 360 that sells well.
#20jrr18Posted 1/29/2013 9:14:02 AM(edited)
SmoshCuch posted...
A cheap knockoff that plays pirated games.

This with the 360 in second becasuse China isn't a fan of Japan.
---
Victory over Namco destroyer of games through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101