This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is religion a bad thing?

#91brycemorrPosted 1/30/2013 10:53:32 PM
Religion is a bad thing. A relationship with God is better.

Seriously Im a christian gamer that loves playing violent apocalyptic games. Never once have I had the urge to go shot people.

I love playing Darksiders, Walking Dead, Uncharted, Battlefield, DCU Online, Mass Effect.

This country needs to get back to its roots to get better again. the faith that it was founded on
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#92cycledancePosted 1/31/2013 12:27:32 AM(edited)
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
Christopher Hitchens
#93TrixonePosted 1/31/2013 12:50:17 AM
Eh, idc as long as it's interesting, I'll go w/ it.

As far as rl religion and the human condition, mankind always tries to 'belong' somewhere. For instance, if a person is atheist and call themselves atheists, and part-take in w/e is that they do, they belong to a group. We all want to belong somewhere, but the bad thing is that when one gives a greater importance to belonging to a group than one's individuality, what makes us unique.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#94Stanger5150Posted 1/31/2013 12:53:08 AM
I'm a non-believer, but I love religion-inspired stories in games.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Far Cry 3, Jak and Daxter, Mega Man X Collection, Yo! Noid, Batman Returns, Jaws"
#95Shinigami115Posted 1/31/2013 2:24:54 AM
Dont try to hard to fight. atheist are taking over (this board is just s small example) and are quickly becoming the majority in the west. The bible states in many way that this would happen.Its suppose to happen. Spread the message of love but dont get frantic over it.

Like another poster stated the prophecies are becoming scarily accurate right now. And not just by super extreme Christians who are desperately looking for signs, but its becoming clear to both theist and atheist alike though the atheist chalk it up to science.

I AM proud of the few Christians in here that didnt go nutty and judgemental on the posters in this topic that referred to our beliefs as "fairy tales". I also thank most of the atheist for not mocking us and being respectful.

On topic religion in games seem to bring the world to life more. I dont mind it real or fictional just as long as their not bashing other people's beliefs. and yeah Christianity is not the only religion. cmon developers/atheist
---
R.I.P Whitney Houston (1963-2012)
#96calhoun1389Posted 1/31/2013 4:21:38 AM
While I hate religion with a passion (most are just cults that revolve around thousand year old textbooks imo), I think a lot of religions have some pretty cool ideas. I especially love games based on the Biblical war between Heaven and Hell, mainly because angels and demons are badass. So long as a game is just using religious creatures/story bases and not actually trying to influence people to join their religion, I'm all for it.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#97medmusclePosted 1/31/2013 7:27:35 AM
Shinigami115 posted...

Like another poster stated the prophecies are becoming scarily accurate right now. And not just by super extreme Christians who are desperately looking for signs, but its becoming clear to both theist and atheist alike though the atheist chalk it up to science.

I was one who mentioned about prophecies earlier, but science has nothing to do with the one at 1 Thess. 5:3. After reading that, look at the front page of the UN's website in the top left hand corner. Once it is formally being announced, things will happen quickly. The Bible is EXTREMELY accurate.
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#98SolidKnightPosted 1/31/2013 2:39:31 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
SolidKnight posted...
All religion does is create hatred and a devaluation of life even if the religion claims the opposite.

That's the stupidest most ignorant post I've seen in ages :/

You're delusional. Religion has always created the side effect of disrespect for those on the outside. It caused everything from genocide to mere disrespect. Some religions have slowly modernized and ignore aspects that would be illegal or immoral by modern standards. Interesting how religion had to change to keep up rather than being the spearhead. Of course some religions were the tip of the spear at one point but usually in the case of replacing another religion. Ultimately, it's all dictated by what the population at large is willing to buy.