This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

sigh what to do?

#1DawGOfDMXPosted 1/29/2013 7:55:52 AM
My ps3 just had the ylod for the third time & i took it to a shop & spent $65 to get it fixed..now the laser isnt working & that'd be an additional $119 on top of that..they do have refurbished systems for $160 but i think i'd just be better off getting a new one for like $250 from gamestop..I have a bunch of downloadable games on my old system (madden 13, mortal kombat 2) etc would I be able to get those onto my new one somehow? i tried to download one on my friends system once & it said i had already done it the max amount of times even though i had never done it before..any help/opinions appreciated
---
Bucs Record:5-4
PSN: Bucs55Brooks
#2GradyHooverPosted 1/29/2013 7:59:55 AM
1) Call Sony with this question. Be sure to tell them PlayStation Plus isn't an option because the system is currently dead (because they'll inevitably try to push PS Plus and cloud saving as the answer).

2) Yes, buy a new/different PS3.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#3DawGOfDMX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:37:53 AM
Well what sucks is I can still do Netflix & my downloaded games on my other system just can't play disc based games now :( should I really drop $250-300 just to play disc based games?
---
#4DawGOfDMX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:12:44 AM
Well now the sound is messed up on my old system lol. Looks like I'm gonna get the limited edition white one for $300. 500 gigs & a year of Playstation plus solid deal
---
#5GradyHooverPosted 1/30/2013 9:05:15 AM
DawGOfDMX posted...
Well now the sound is messed up on my old system lol. Looks like I'm gonna get the limited edition white one for $300. 500 gigs & a year of Playstation plus solid deal

I'm glad you came to a solid decision on this, and I don't think you'll regret the choice.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#6DawGOfDMX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:48:14 AM
nope already loving all the free games..took me like 5 hours to load all my downloaded games onto my new system though lol but was well worth it!
---
#7PHEEliNUXPosted 2/1/2013 5:56:23 AM
You can deactivate the old PS3 from Sony's site, By doing that you can use the old account on a new PS3
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX