This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If there's one thing we can't buy, it's time. For those who play 1000+ hours...

#1HaloODSTDPosted 1/29/2013 8:15:34 AM
Can you imagine all the things you could have accomplished outside of video games? As we near closer to death, we look back at our lives to see if we truly "lived" as one would welcome death knowing they have truly lived their lives to the fullest.

Now, adding up the hours we spend suspended in virtual reality (sometimes hundreds of hours for a single game) really does add up in the grand scope of things, think of everything that can be going on in the world during that time, it's massive. Think of what you may have accomplished, what goal you reach, the travels you went, and the people you may have met during that time you've invested in gaming.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#2JerichoDarkstarPosted 1/29/2013 8:16:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3este914Posted 1/29/2013 8:21:49 AM
Dude. I couldnt IMAGINE doing something like that.... Not to mention I certainly dont have that kind of time to put into gaming... I barely have enough of my own leisure time to play as it is. =\
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#4svenbjornPosted 1/29/2013 8:22:04 AM
think of all the great things you could accomplish not going to the bathroom or sleeping. that's how I live my life. constipated and grumpy.
---
PSN & XBL: svenbjorn
all our shows are secret shows.
#5SomnusNemorisPosted 1/29/2013 8:23:34 AM
You've hit the nail on the head, TC. This is why it's been months since I've beaten a game. I just can't do it any more. I get the desire to play, jump on a game, then turn it off after 5 minutes.

I just think I could be doing so many more worthwhile things instead of gaming, like reading, learning new subjects, learning new languages, improving one's health, etc.
#6djrudenPosted 1/29/2013 8:24:18 AM
I work 50+ hours a week. I use gaming to relax and enjoy myself when I have the time. Being that I work so hard and do a lot to maintain my property and my health, I have no regrets for the time I have used to try to enjoy myself.

Maybe if you are unemployed and living in your parents basement you might feel you wasted some time but I have not allowed gaming to hold me back from any of my goals and ambitions. I do it because I enjoy it and sometimes I deserve to relax and waste my time like that.
#7kingofall214Posted 1/29/2013 8:25:35 AM
Usually if there is something better to do then gaming I do. Usually with the amount of money I make it's a choice between gaming, TV, or movies. I find gaming the most enjoyable out of the 3. I wish I could travel the world and such but that costs huge sums of cash I could never get. Some people enjoy the small things in life because that's all that is available to them.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#8majin nemesisPosted 1/29/2013 8:32:38 AM
TC can you imagine all you could have done with the time you wasted on this topic and the time you waste on gamefaqs
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#9RafedxPosted 1/29/2013 8:39:23 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
Can you imagine all the things you could have accomplished outside of video games? As we near closer to death, we look back at our lives to see if we truly "lived" as one would welcome death knowing they have truly lived their lives to the fullest.

Now, adding up the hours we spend suspended in virtual reality (sometimes hundreds of hours for a single game) really does add up in the grand scope of things, think of everything that can be going on in the world during that time, it's massive. Think of what you may have accomplished, what goal you reach, the travels you went, and the people you may have met during that time you've invested in gaming.

Life is just living my friend, if traveling around the world meeting new and interesting people is what you do for fun so be it, but some people prefer to stay at home and just be entertained.

In the end we all die, and the most we can say about our lives is if we truly enjoyed what we went through. It does not matter how one spends their time, its if they find it to be quality fulfilling time.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#10SomnusNemorisPosted 1/29/2013 8:40:50 AM
After my above post, I went and pre-ordered the Hitman HD collection. lolz