This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you scared of the F2P model or do you want it on the PS3 or PS4

#1RD_21Posted 1/29/2013 10:35:40 AM
Are you guys scared about the free to play model or do you want to see it take over?

When you listen to podcasts a lot of people think that free to play is the future and that everything will go that route, of course we can always say it's only their opinion what do they know, but still...

Personally I HATE free to play with a passion (not saying I never played any, but usually they are an afterthought, not something I really invest in) because they will always ask you to bug their friend so they can get more suckers to pay real money or put artificial roadblock that make it either easier to pay or just stop to play the game.

Can you imagine a Zelda game where they would ask you to kill 10 000 enemies to unlock the hookshot or pay 2.99$ now to unlock it. Or they could have an item that is 1 000 000 rupees and to get the 1 000 000 wallet you need to pay 2 000 000 rupees in burst to upgrade your wallet to finally be able to hold the big amount or pay now 4.99$

I think that with more and more talk of people who don't want to pay 60$ and buy it use to save 5$ or 10$ we are pushing them in toward that model. Instead of them getting the message that people want 40-50$ games they think that they should embrace the free to play model, but don't be fooled NOTHING will EVER be free, if it's free to play they will find a way to make their money back, there's no way that a company will do something just for our pretty eyes, it's normal they are in it to make money to survive to keep making games.

I just really hope that the F2P model never catch too much and that people start to reject it before it's too late.
#2mogar002Posted 1/29/2013 10:37:40 AM
What are you on about?
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/29/2013 10:38:03 AM
I hate the model if it's not done well.
TF2 did it well, that is a great game.

But most games do it poorly, so I say no thanks.
---
"Mahohgay Teeth, you are wrong. Target Finder does not ignore Cold Blooded. U mad?"-HuffyChicken
#4MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/29/2013 10:39:17 AM
mogar002 posted...
What are you on about?

He's on about the free to play model -____-
---
"Mahohgay Teeth, you are wrong. Target Finder does not ignore Cold Blooded. U mad?"-HuffyChicken
#5mogar002Posted 1/29/2013 10:40:07 AM
Oh you mean pay 2 win.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#6MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/29/2013 10:41:57 AM
mogar002 posted...
Oh you mean pay 2 win.

Same thing really
---
#7RD_21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:42:04 AM
mogar002 posted...
What are you on about?

Nothing, just listened to a podcast and wanted to know if other people feared that this model would take over as some are implying.

As I said most of the free to play games (if not all) will rely on people spending money one way or the other, so they will always try to get you to bug friends, convince friends to play or get you to pay or worst have ads everywhere, they just can't stay in business otherwise.

So I just don't want that model to take over (not saying it will happen tomorrow if ever, we are just talking here)
#8RD_21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:36:18 AM
Bump... but it seems like people aren't too scared I guess.
#9RD_21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:37:19 PM
I'll try to bump this once more for a different audience.
#10PatriotAIPosted 1/31/2013 1:51:53 PM
FreeToPlay is only a trick name, those games are designed to have endless addition content and suck the money out of your wallet, while giving bare bones content to anyone who does not wish to spend money on the game so they would generate a playing population for the people who do pay. It's the death of games as we know it, a natural progression to the DLC generation, giving you minimum content at low prices over and over again, so you can easily spend several times the price of a full retail game over not so long period of time. In a few years every game made will follow this model, it's too lucrative as is, with the consumer population being mindless sheep without any ability to perceive things with criticism, "lol you people just poor, get a job, 2$ for a mp map is nothin`" seems to be the current state of mind and it's here to stay.