This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jim Sterling:Sony shows subscription services how it's really done

#1velvet_hammerPosted 1/29/2013 12:54:35 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/plus-points-sony-s-ps-plus-humiliates-the-game-industry-243470.phtml
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#2DADDYISSUESPosted 1/29/2013 1:00:25 PM
Who would pay $60 a year to only rent the same 8 games? My local rental store only charges $20 a year and allows me unlimited access across multiple platforms.
---
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/iceageco/darth_hamlet.jpg
#3ComfortablySadPosted 1/29/2013 1:00:39 PM
I hate to be that guy but does this mean we love Jim Sterling and Destructoid today?
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#4Elements012894Posted 1/29/2013 1:02:24 PM
DADDYISSUES posted...
Who would pay $60 a year to only rent the same 8 games? My local rental store only charges $20 a year and allows me unlimited access across multiple platforms.

It's $50, and we can get great discounts. And not everyone has some type gamefly store in the area we can access.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#5Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/29/2013 1:07:04 PM
It is true, PSN + is pretty damn good. Free games and cloud storage...Yeah.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#6FiendingHardPosted 1/29/2013 1:07:17 PM
PSN+ doesn't give free games

*runs out of topic*
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#7king_maddenPosted 1/29/2013 1:09:55 PM
DADDYISSUES posted...

were they comparing it to rental stores? also lmao @ rental stores, havent seen one of those in a while.

back on topic though, maybe you should read the story, I dont think they were comparing the 2.
#8CrankShaftPosted 1/29/2013 1:17:43 PM
yeah what is the name of this "video store"
#9AwayFromHerePosted 1/29/2013 1:19:58 PM
People still listen to Jim Sterling?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#10f1madmanPosted 1/29/2013 1:49:31 PM
Just bought PS+ for a year for 40. Already saved 2 on AllStars, but I was heavily impressed with the games available for free download. Considering new games cost over 50 here this is what I get from PS+:

Infamous2
Little Big Planet 2
Bioshock2
Burnout
Limbo
Ratchet and Clank (3or4 in one)

Just to name a few plus a load of other games I can try out and if I enjoy them, that's a bonus.

I already have a postal rental service which costs me 42 a year and I get to rent one game a month. With the PS+ service atleast I get to hold onto all the games rather than returning one and trying a new ones whenever.

I wouldn't have got PS+ if I didn't think it was value for money, infact I'm saving a butt load on games.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC