This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jim Sterling:Sony shows subscription services how it's really done

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Jim Sterling:Sony shows subscription services how it's really done

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
3 years ago#1
http://www.destructoid.com/plus-points-sony-s-ps-plus-humiliates-the-game-industry-243470.phtml
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique

User Info: DADDYISSUES

DADDYISSUES
3 years ago#2
Who would pay $60 a year to only rent the same 8 games? My local rental store only charges $20 a year and allows me unlimited access across multiple platforms.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/iceageco/darth_hamlet.jpg

User Info: ComfortablySad

ComfortablySad
3 years ago#3
I hate to be that guy but does this mean we love Jim Sterling and Destructoid today?
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.

User Info: Elements012894

Elements012894
3 years ago#4
DADDYISSUES posted...
Who would pay $60 a year to only rent the same 8 games? My local rental store only charges $20 a year and allows me unlimited access across multiple platforms.

It's $50, and we can get great discounts. And not everyone has some type gamefly store in the area we can access.
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.

User Info: Video_Game_Czar

Video_Game_Czar
3 years ago#5
It is true, PSN + is pretty damn good. Free games and cloud storage...Yeah.
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
3 years ago#6
PSN+ doesn't give free games

*runs out of topic*
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
3 years ago#7
DADDYISSUES posted...

were they comparing it to rental stores? also lmao @ rental stores, havent seen one of those in a while.

back on topic though, maybe you should read the story, I dont think they were comparing the 2.

User Info: CrankShaft

CrankShaft
3 years ago#8
yeah what is the name of this "video store"

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
3 years ago#9
People still listen to Jim Sterling?
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: f1madman

f1madman
3 years ago#10
Just bought PS+ for a year for 40. Already saved 2 on AllStars, but I was heavily impressed with the games available for free download. Considering new games cost over 50 here this is what I get from PS+:

Infamous2
Little Big Planet 2
Bioshock2
Burnout
Limbo
Ratchet and Clank (3or4 in one)

Just to name a few plus a load of other games I can try out and if I enjoy them, that's a bonus.

I already have a postal rental service which costs me 42 a year and I get to rent one game a month. With the PS+ service atleast I get to hold onto all the games rather than returning one and trying a new ones whenever.

I wouldn't have got PS+ if I didn't think it was value for money, infact I'm saving a butt load on games.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Jim Sterling:Sony shows subscription services how it's really done

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived