This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 ending leaked, EA screws another series again! *spoilers*

#11killakPosted 1/29/2013 4:23:09 PM
I love this new fad of digging up game endings, well before they come out, just to find another reason to hate on them.

You don't even know the whole story, but just seeing the ending is enough to say they've screwed the story.

It's like looking at a plate of remnants and crumbs and saying "I knew dinner would be horrible"

Why do so many people here thrive on negativity, as opposed to good news? How f***ing sad is your life that you can only focus on bringing something down?
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#12DocDeliciousPosted 1/29/2013 4:31:02 PM
Bad games.
Bad ending to bad games.

Surprised?
No.
---
Ni No Kuni, Vanquish, DmC, Sound Shapes, Disgaea 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Far Cry 3, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#13riddlebox89Posted 1/29/2013 4:37:26 PM
DocDelicious posted...
Bad games.
Bad ending to bad games.

Surprised?
No.

ITP: Never played the games so I'm just going to say they're bad because it makes me look hip.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#14MegaMettaurPosted 1/29/2013 4:42:10 PM
Dave4202 posted...
I don't understand that logic, like

"oh I loved the series, the first 30-35 hours were great.... but that last 15 minutes sucked so that automatically means the entire trilogy sucked"

Can someone explain that logic to me? Never quite been able to wrap my head around that.

The ending to anything and everything can make or break the subject at hand. neon genesis evangelion is a good example. The ending was so convoluted no one knew what to think until they fixed it. Ruroni kenshin is the same. Everything after the kyoto arc ultimately killed the series. Even the original creator was disappointed.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#15SigmaHacielPosted 1/29/2013 4:43:07 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
Dave4202 posted...

"oh I loved the series, the first 30-35 hours were great.... but that last 15 minutes sucked so that automatically means the entire trilogy sucked"

Can someone explain that logic to me? Never quite been able to wrap my head around that.

The ending to anything and everything can make or break the subject at hand. neon genesis evangelion is a good example. The ending was so convoluted no one knew what to think until they fixed it. Ruroni kenshin is the same. Everything after the kyoto arc ultimately killed the series. Even the original creator was disappointed.

When did they "fix" NGE? 2.0?

It is literally impossible to fix the series.

Agreed on RK tho. God DAMMIT, guys.
#16IChangedMyNamePosted 1/29/2013 4:44:16 PM
I liked the ending, seemed fitting for what Isaac has had to deal with,

More importantly, I noticed he was wearing an N7 suit...
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#17killakPosted 1/29/2013 4:44:57 PM
I have always hated the ending in Return of the Jedi. Everybody's happy, and it feels like a quick wrap up.

Does it mean the journey getting there is now a crap one?

No, that's a gamer problem
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#188f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 1/29/2013 4:45:08 PM
Most game endings would look bad if all you see is the ending and nothing else.
#19RyuuHou25Posted 1/29/2013 4:46:39 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
Dave4202 posted...

Except Neon Genesis is still an amazing series, and the ending was never fixed and never will be, not even with the movies, because they've already gone into WTFness with the third one.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#20killakPosted 1/29/2013 4:49:43 PM
you know, if the ending had the main character saying "I can't believe we conquered that fortress, and the queen necromorph (assuming), with some stern words. Thankfully only a small part of our journey here, required us to massacre them. *hugs*"

then i'd believe that the game has been killed.
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.