This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japanese Playstation Store

#1RomanBlade00Posted 1/29/2013 5:10:38 PM
Have you guys seen what they have on there? I made a Japanese account and was blown away at all the Playstation 1 classics as well as the PS2 games that they had. Not to mention some Turbo Grafx games. It's just a shame you can't use your North American credit card to buy them and would have to buy PSN cards from other sites which are overpriced.

How hard is it for Sony to just release those games to the other region's Playstation store? There are already Japanese Playstation 1 games in the Playstation store so why not release more? Why are they withholding this from us? I want my Playstation 1 Japanese shoot 'em ups!
---
PSN: romanblade86
#2FortecrossPosted 1/29/2013 5:13:51 PM
;_; All I wanted was my Brave Fencer Musashi..-sniff-
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#3RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:15:31 PM
Brave Fencer Musashi would be welcomed but I want my 2D Playstation 1 Japanese shoot 'em ups!
---
#4Brocken_JrPosted 1/29/2013 6:21:36 PM
RomanBlade00 posted...
It's just a shame you can't use your North American credit card to buy them and would have to buy PSN cards from other sites which are overpriced.

i use my visa to buy from the us psn, hong kong, and japans. i bought 3 ps1 games from japans psn, and 1 psn game from hong kongs. if you got a visa to, try it out. it doesnt work on europes psn store for me though.
---
I retired from boxing with 1 win and 0 losses. My perfect streak lives on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#5RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:26:24 PM
Brocken_Jr posted...
RomanBlade00 posted...
It's just a shame you can't use your North American credit card to buy them and would have to buy PSN cards from other sites which are overpriced.

i use my visa to buy from the us psn, hong kong, and japans. i bought 3 ps1 games from japans psn, and 1 psn game from hong kongs. if you got a visa to, try it out. it doesnt work on europes psn store for me though.

Really? I tried it and I got some message in Japanese. I do have a Visa so I'll try again. Perhaps I'm going to the wrong options since it is all in Japanese. I guess I'll watch some videos and see if I can get it to work.
---
#6Brocken_JrPosted 1/29/2013 6:34:46 PM
i didnt do it for a while, but im pretty sure you have to put real info.
---
I retired from boxing with 1 win and 0 losses. My perfect streak lives on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#7KaibatenPosted 1/29/2013 6:47:16 PM
Japanese PSN is horrible and has always been an afterthought for Sony. Last I checked (like 2 weeks ago), they hadn't even upgraded to the new storefront yet, and PS+ is basically nonexistent. Instead of giving you free recent retail games, they give you a discount on a 6 y/o downloadable title that still manages to be more expensive than what it costs on the US store.

But yeah, if you like Japanese games, there's some decent classics on there. As for why they don't bring more of them over to the US store? Well, Sony can't do that because they don't have the rights to them, and they're not gonna buy the rights because those games don't actually sell. Instead you're gonna have to count on a publisher like MonkeyPaw, who basically publishes every single Japanese PSN game on the US store.
#8RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:13:41 PM
I tried again to buy some games with a Visa and still nothing.
---
#9RomanBlade00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:59:06 AM
From what I'm reading it says the cards are region specific and it won't work for the Japanese Playstation store. I really want to get some Japanese games from the PSN store so this sucks. We gamers shouldn't have to deal with this and whatever is in the Japanese store should also be sold in other regions' Playstation store.
---
#10awesomesauce13Posted 1/31/2013 4:19:10 AM
I haven't seen their store for myself but I know they have Dark Cloud, and that's not fair >.<