This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Best Impulse Buy and your Worst Impulse Buy

#21DefYouthPosted 1/30/2013 3:03:36 AM
Talgrund posted...
Best: Suikoden - I bought it new probably back in 1998, the terrible cover almost made me pass on it entirely.

Don't really have a worst choice that I can think of. I'm fairly picky about which games I actually spend my money on.

I found Suikoden in a bargain bin that same year. I thought it was going to be like Beyond The Beyond going by the cover but it was cheap. Loved it.
---
Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano. - Jerry Lee Lewis
#22NateRose89Posted 1/30/2013 3:06:25 AM
Best: Rune Factory Oceans.

Worst: Resident Evil 5.
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#23BluntGruntPosted 1/30/2013 3:12:36 AM
I don't buy anything on impulse. If I see a game I've never heard of, I take the box and see if I'd like it, and if I'm still not sure, I leave it, do some research, and come back to get it another day. Or if it's online, like on the PS Store or something, I just look up some videos. Never made a mistake that way.
---
?????
#24Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/30/2013 3:16:26 AM
Best impulse buy was Demon's Souls. It was a month after it released and I saw the board buzzing and knew after a long time on the boards that this was going to be a special game. :D

Worst impulse buy ever was Dark Void. I hate that game. It had potential and a lot of people on the board were saying it was decent for $10. No it was not good for $1.
#25ThePuddingManPosted 1/30/2013 3:36:53 AM
Best - Mass Effect
Worst - Demon's Souls (so f***ing boring)
#26MGS4SNAKEPosted 1/30/2013 4:06:04 AM
Best: The Walking Dead
Worst: KOF 12
---
What Arnold calls hell in Predator, Rambo calls home.
#27niceguy707Posted 1/30/2013 4:10:35 AM
Best : Disgaea for PS2 and FF Tactics PS1.

Worst : Far Cry 2 PS3 and Baroque for PS2.
---
Wars end but my soldiers are eternal.
PSN :n1c3guy707
#28weskers errand boyPosted 1/30/2013 4:15:13 AM
Best: Catherine

Worst: Resistance 3. Played it for 2 hours.

Bought both the same day.
---
RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#29calhoun1389Posted 1/30/2013 4:35:08 AM
Best: UFC Undisputed 2009 for $10... Great game.

Worst: SOCOM Confrontation for $2... normally a steal, but I've yet to get to finish a match since I keep being voted out after my whole team gets slaughtered because I'm not running around the map blindly and they just want to move on to the next match.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#30Greg13221Posted 1/30/2013 4:38:28 AM
Best: Atelier Totori
Browsing the electronics during a grocery run and saw it. Decided to pick it up because I assumed it was an RPG (been craving one). Became one of my favorites this gen, turns out I love micromanagement and enjoy the laid back story/atmosphere.

Worst: Enslaved
Rarely do I fail to complete a game. No matter how bad the game I'll force my way through and find some redeeming features. But there was something about this game that has me say 'meh' and repeatedly push this further down the backlog. Even as a fan of Journey to the West, I find myself looking past this and onto the next game on my shelf.

Honorable mentions:
Best: 3D Dot Game Heroes
NIER

Worst: Metroid Other M (Not what I was expecting at all)
SH: Downpour (Enjoyable, but rushed and buggy as hell. Hard to Justify my $60)