This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Best Impulse Buy and your Worst Impulse Buy

#41CollCrofterPosted 1/30/2013 7:11:05 AM
Best - The Saboteur
Worst - mmm?? Probably RAGE or SAW

Also really liked Enslaved: West and believe it or not, The Bourne Conspiracy!
#42toomanymouthsPosted 1/30/2013 7:12:18 AM
Best: Borderlands

Worst: Baroque (I don't know why; I was hoping this game would just be better)
#43KrustyBrownRingPosted 1/30/2013 7:17:18 AM
Best: Grand Theft Auto (ps1). Even after GTA 2 came out I was still introducing friends to this game it was off the radar of everyone I knew.

Worst: Falcon 3.0. Not because it was a bad game but because I didn't have a computer that could run it until 4.0 came out years later.
#44MizunoRyuuPosted 1/30/2013 7:37:45 AM
I usually plan a list of games when I go to the shop, and if there's nothing there I like, I tend to give myself about 20 to buy other games I might prefer instead, which turn out decently in most cases. Though nowadays, I buy pretty much everything online.

Impulse buys I liked:
Final Fantasy X
Children of Mana
Kingdom Hearts II
Yggdra Union
Riviera: The Promised Land
Star Ocean: The First Departure
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces

I didn't like:
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
Heroes of Mana
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#45RobotPirteGhostPosted 1/30/2013 7:42:46 AM
Best: Final Fantasy Tactics. While I didn't buy it myself, I did ask for it on impulse. I saw it on the shelf and thought it would be like FF7, so I wanted it. When I booted it up and found grid based strategy rather than "Stand and slash" FF7 battles I was surprised but kept going and it ended up being one of my favorite games of all time.

Runner Up: Okami

Worst: Rayman 3D. Grabbed it with my 3DS because I suddenly wanted a game to play in 3D. I played it for less than an hour before it was headed to Gamestop.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#46TeraPatrick2008Posted 1/30/2013 7:44:18 AM
best:
- International Superstar Soccer

worst:
- Sega Touring Car Championship
#47pariah23Posted 1/30/2013 7:47:12 AM
Best: PS3 + Demon's Souls + Valkyria Chronicles

Worst: Dragon Age: Origins (PC) or Lollipop Chainsaw. The first because I fell for Bioware's marketing BS about it being a 'spiritual successor' to Baldur's Gate 2, and the second was just an average game that I should never have paid anything remotely close to full price for.
#48CaliberChampPosted 1/30/2013 7:47:19 AM
Worst impulse buy: Fable 3.
Best impulse buy: Skyrim.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#49ShineboxerPosted 1/30/2013 7:48:00 AM
Best: Arma 2 for use with Day Z mod.

Worst: Ni no kuni.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#50goteksPosted 1/30/2013 7:51:57 AM
worst: dragon's dogma, so slow, not much action (out of boss battle), barely played it...